PDA

View Full Version : Carter Accuright bandsaw blades

Jack Lemley
10-05-2013, 2:23 PM
I got the Woodcraft sale flyer today and they have the Accuright bandsaw blades for 30% off. Any thoughts on this blade at this price point?

Thanks
Jack

PS I have never used a carter accuright blade before but need to purchase a couple of new blades.

Bruce Wrenn
10-06-2013, 10:06 PM
On Monday, get in touch with Woodcraftbands. They are the place to go for BS blades. I like the bi metal blades, as they out last five or six of the regular blades. I also find anything with the name "Carter" to be over priced, even when on sale!

Jack Lemley
10-06-2013, 11:17 PM
On Monday, get in touch with Woodcraftbands. They are the place to go for BS blades. I like the bi metal blades, as they out last five or six of the regular blades. I also find anything with the name "Carter" to be over priced, even when on sale!

Are the bi-metal blades available in all sizes?

Thanks
Jack

BTW you are the second person to recommend them so I guess that is the place to go!

Mike Tekin
10-07-2013, 7:46 AM
Jack,

Yes, he cuts and welds to length, is one of the best welds I've seen - the carter blades are hit or miss in my experience and agree they are over priced even when on sale.

Woodcraft Bands carries the Lenox brand and others which are one of the best in the industry. They will guide you through what you need- also he carried a blade like or same as Highland's Woodslicer for a fraction of the price when I bought mine...

Are the bi-metal blades available in all sizes?

Thanks
Jack

BTW you are the second person to recommend them so I guess that is the place to go!