PDA

View Full Version : Not Another Cool Tool From LV!!!

Chris Griggs
10-04-2013, 6:12 PM
I just noticed this...must have just popped up. It wasn't there when I was looking earlier to today. Pretty cool, and nicely priced.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,50230&p=71042

One more tool added to my wish list...its getting too long.

John Sanford
10-04-2013, 6:29 PM
Purdy... that's one that's almost worth getting just for the purdy, any functionality is pure bonus. And it's not very expensive either.

Mark Engel
10-04-2013, 6:30 PM
I like it!

Chris Griggs
10-04-2013, 6:31 PM
I have one in my cart...trying to resist checkout button. I am trying to save up for a bandsaw. This isn't helping!!!!

Malcolm Schweizer
10-04-2013, 7:04 PM
Wow, where'd that one come from? Nothing that I saw in the newsletter about it. Sure is a nice looking one. For me the use of and enjoyment of the tool is a big part of the fun of woodworking. I could appreciate that spokeshave.

Jim Koepke
10-04-2013, 9:19 PM
Now I just got to get the wife happy enough to let me buy something.

jtk

Hilton Ralphs
10-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Now I just got to get the wife happy enough to let me buy something.

I think you know what you have to do Jim. Be strong, it well only take five minutes. :cool:

I was looking for this last night after watching the video but couldn't find it. Sure looks cure. Who is the voice over? Wasn't Vic.

Rob Lee
10-05-2013, 10:03 AM
I think you know what you have to do Jim. Be strong, it well only take five minutes. :cool:

I was looking for this last night after watching the video but couldn't find it. Sure looks cure. Who is the voice over? Wasn't Vic.

Hi,

Voice is Gary, a fellow who has worked with us for about 25 years, I believe....

Just to ramp up all y'all's purchasing impulses, I expect that we'll run out of this one by Christmas...

Cheers,

Rob

Hilton Ralphs
10-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Just to ramp up all y'all's purchasing impulses, I expect that we'll run out of this one by Christmas...

That'll put a spoke in the wheel!

mike holden
10-05-2013, 10:31 AM
"I expect that we'll run out of this one by Christmas..." - R. Lee
You DO know how to make a sale. I looked at it, and then reading down and came across your statement, and went right back and ordered it.
Do you have a program where I can just make a regular monthly payment and order the tools I want whenever I see them? (grin)
Mike

Rob Lee
10-05-2013, 10:53 AM
"I expect that we'll run out of this one by Christmas..." - R. Lee
You DO know how to make a sale. I looked at it, and then reading down and came across your statement, and went right back and ordered it.
Do you have a program where I can just make a regular monthly payment and order the tools I want whenever I see them? (grin)
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yeah, I work hard on the "off the cuff" comments....:D

The subtle part of this, is that it's like sampling PM-V11 ..... We're gonna get a whole bunch of people to try it with this tool.

There....now you know!

Cheers,

Rob

Brian Holcombe
10-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Chris,

What kind of bandsaw are you planning?

Mike Tekin
10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Rob,

If you run out - will there be more made? Or is it a limited offering?

Hi,

Voice is Gary, a fellow who has worked with us for about 25 years, I believe....

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Lee
10-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi Mike,

Yes, we'll make more....but it will be awhile....shop is still backed up, as there's other new product coming.

Cheers,

Rob
( heading outside to pull the dock out.....)

Mike Henderson
10-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi Mike,

Yeah, I work hard on the "off the cuff" comments....:D

The subtle part of this, is that it's like sampling PM-V11 ..... We're gonna get a whole bunch of people to try it with this tool.

There....now you know!

Cheers,

Rob

Any plans to make a flat bottom version of the spokeshave?

Mike

Eugenio Musto
10-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi Mike,

Yes, we'll make more....but it will be awhile....shop is still backed up, as there's other new product coming.

Cheers,

Rob
( heading outside to pull the dock out.....)

Is this new one the long awaited tenon saw?

Matthew N. Masail
10-05-2013, 1:30 PM
Now that's the kind of thing I like to buy! if your premium planes will look anything along those classic lines. . . ..

Chris Griggs
10-05-2013, 3:54 PM
Chris,

What kind of bandsaw are you planning?

Don't know. Probably something 18" or more. Not necessarily anything crazy huge, but I think 18" or so would good. Grizzly makes some that seem good for the price, though things I hear about Grizzly are all over the map. I read a lot of great things but I've also heard some less than stellar things. Anyway, a buddy of mine said he got his vintage 20" craftman on craigslist for like $600 so I guess also need to do a better job of watching CL.

And BTW, Rob got the better of me with his "gone by Xmas" comment. Just ordered one...and right after getting back from an LN show of all times. Rob is evil.

James Conrad
10-05-2013, 7:20 PM
In the venerable words of Ron Popiel:

But Wait, There's More!

Chris Hachet
10-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I just noticed this...must have just popped up. It wasn't there when I was looking earlier to today. Pretty cool, and nicely priced.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,50230&p=71042

One more tool added to my wish list...its getting too long.I ordered this as soon as I saw it, getting excited about trying the PMV-11 tool steel. Thanks for bringing this up!

Rob Lee
10-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Is this new one the long awaited tenon saw?

Be nice, Eugenio.... :) ....

I'm never mentioning that saw again, until it's on the shelf!

No - but there are other products lined up....

Cheers,

Rob

Don Orr
10-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Ooooohh, that's just too nice to not own. But I already have a bunch of shaves. Do I need another? Really?? Probably.