PDA

View Full Version : New Grizzly G0691 almost fully operational

Jeremy Ferguson
10-03-2013, 10:24 PM
My G0691 was delivered with no issues on Monday and I got to the point where I was able to do a couple test cuts this evening. Its a big upgrade from my little portable Porter Cable saw. Assembly took a bit of time making sure things were aligned proper. The table and fence were perfect with the only tiny adjustment needed to make the fence square to the table. I made a not so pretty but functional mobile base out of construction two by. I don't own a jointer or planer yet so I picked the best boards I could find. I already had a set of very heavy duty steel casters so I used those.

I made one cut with the factory supplied blade. As I expected, the results were much better than my old saw. However, my Ridge Carbide TS2000 came in the mail yesterday so I tried that next. Wow. Just wow. I ripped a piece of 3/4 ply and it was like butter. Night and day difference from the factory blade.

No pics yet. I'll get some once I get cleaned up and organized a bit. I still need to run another circuit and get an extension cord for the saw. The factory cord is really short and pretty useless unless the left end was parked next to the wall or there was a floor outlet.

overall I am very happy and looking forward to many projects.

Curt Harms
10-04-2013, 9:52 AM
For the cord, I can think of a couple options. One is an extension cord like you said, possible benefit is a disconnect when you change blades. Another option would be to remove the existing cord at the magnetic starter and replace it with a longer cord. Replacing the existing cord is not hard but you should unplug the saw when changing blades.

glenn bradley
10-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Isn't that just one of the best feelings ever? I have a few tools that just make me smile every time I use them; even after several years of "honeymoon". :D

Jeremy Ferguson
10-04-2013, 9:13 PM
I made a 25ft extension cord this evening and did a little cleaning.