PDA

View Full Version : Hand Tool Chat Day and Time

Richard Gillespie
06-01-2005, 7:51 AM
Last night's chat didn't go very well. There were very few participants. I for one, lost power for about 20 minuets at about 9:40. Sorry about that Mark Stutz, right in the middle of our conversation. By the time I got back on, no one home.

One reason there may have been fewer participants is that, Wood Central was holding a chat on hand tools starting at 9:30 pm. Another reason is the chat software used by this forum is not the most user friendly (my personal opinion). Over the past 4 weeks a number of people who tried to participate have given up in frustration. Aaron is there anything you can do to improve it?
I guess I'm guilty of looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Since there is a long standing chat on finishing at Wood Central on Wednesday, maybe we'd better move the chat to Thursday at 9. What do you all think? I'm open to suggestions.

Roy Wall
06-01-2005, 2:15 PM
Yes........by all means move the day - this will only help

I've just been swamped lately - that's my problem:)

Also, summer's here, the kids are out of school - so that contributes toward my availability anyway.......

I love it when we get together - so let's don't give up...:cool: :cool:

Mark Stutz
06-01-2005, 4:34 PM
I agree, let's try to kep this going. Any day is fine. I simply forgot last night, and didn't get ther until late. Richard, I figured something like that had happened. I guess the holiday threw me off!

Having never used any other Chat, I don't find it too dificult other than keeping the cursor out of the way! I don't understand the problem some sem to be having which requires two screens, though.

Looking forward to next week!

Steve Wargo
06-01-2005, 6:04 PM
I too like the chat room. I'd like to see it keep going.

Erin Raasch
06-01-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll have a hard time on either Tuesday or Thursday, as I work those evenings and don't get home till around 9 PM CDT. Unfortunately, if Wednesdays are out that only leaves Mondays and Fridays - and Friday wouldn't work.
How long do these chats usually go? Would 9:30 Eastern time be too late? I'd like to be able to pop in now and then, but if I'm in the minority I wouldn't want to see it rearranged just to fit my schedule.

Erin

Richard Gillespie
06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
I'll have a hard time on either Tuesday or Thursday, as I work those evenings and don't get home till around 9 PM CDT. Unfortunately, if Wednesdays are out that only leaves Mondays and Fridays - and Friday wouldn't work.
How long do these chats usually go? Would 9:30 Eastern time be too late? I'd like to be able to pop in now and then, but if I'm in the minority I wouldn't want to see it rearranged just to fit my schedule.

Erin

Erin;

They vary between one and two hours. Maybe you can stop by later in the chat. I'm sorry that 9:00 EDT is so early for you.

Rick

Steve Wargo
06-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm there now