PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit cutting crazy

Brian Robison
10-02-2013, 1:13 PM
Hi gang,
What's up with the cutting?
I drew my lines in Corel using a box so there are no breaks in the lines.
I get crazy looking cutting, seems random and I think some lines are
being cut more than once.

Brian Robison
10-02-2013, 1:23 PM
I got rid of any fill before cutting.

Dennis Watson
10-02-2013, 2:42 PM
Your saying it does this just drawing a simple square? I have noticed that if I use someones files that in Lasercut some of the lines that you would think are closed are infact a bunch of lines. Lasercut will work, but I take the mouse and rubber band every one of them and go click on Tools, then Unite Lines and it closes them all.

Brian Robison
10-02-2013, 3:12 PM
Hi Dennis,
I traced using a square. I added nodes and pulled them all in to cut out a skull, so no
it wasn't a square, it just started life as one. This way I don't need to worry about the
lines being connected. And I did unite the lines also.

Brian Robison
10-02-2013, 3:47 PM
OK,
Drawn in Corel hairline, but I noticed if you blow it once it's in LaserCut up there are 2 lines on the perimeter and little lines connecting all nodes from inside perimeter nodes to outside perimeter nodes.

Dave Sheldrake
10-03-2013, 6:00 AM
If you want to mail it over Brian I can purge and overkill it to ensure there are no doubles in autocad if that's any help? dave at opticalpowerDOTcoDOTuk

cheers

Dave

Pete James
10-03-2013, 8:29 AM
We have found that it is often best to save your file in a plt format and import that into Lasercut. That has eliminated about 95% of our unjoined line problems.

Ernie Balch
10-03-2013, 9:58 AM
You could use the Lasercut print driver in Corel that saves the file export step and any associated problems with format changes. Also I use inches in Corel and the print driver magically converts everything to mm for the laser.

Brian Robison
10-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks everyone,
Ernie, I'm getting a separate computer ready just for the Rabbit, I've found that sharing
one between the 2 lasers isn't the way to go. I will try to Corel print driver on it to see
if it fixes a lot of my issues.
I'm guessing I can try that and then uninstall if I don't like it.