PDA

View Full Version : Pegboard drawers/roll outs

Justin Ludwig
10-02-2013, 9:01 AM
Anyone ever build a drawer or rollout with a pegboard bottom for Tupperware lid (or other) storage? I have a 9" opening on a lower cabinet next to the dishwasher that was going to be open shelving for cookbooks and such, but the client said she wants it closed in to match the other side of the island.

My wife HATES the Tupperware lids being unorganized and randomly placed in their own drawer. Yes, we've seen the real estate stealing lid and bowl organizers out there...

Concerns: 1) It's next to the dishwasher so lids would be taken out and placed directly into the rollout with the possibility of water drops. Types of pegboard to prevent possible water drops? 2) I haven't found pegs that are for a horizontally placed pegboard.

Any experience with this trying this?

Jim Rimmer
10-03-2013, 2:08 PM
No experience with this but IMHO if the Tupperware lids are washed in a dishwasher, the client won't need storage for them as they will be ruined from the heat.

Bob Vavricka
10-03-2013, 2:14 PM
We wash tupperware lids in the dishwasher all the time will no problem. Often the larger lids are on the bottom shelf and we always use the dry cycle.

Rick Potter
10-03-2013, 3:34 PM
I would sure hesitate to do it, especially on a 9" wide cabinet, because of possible mildew problems, but here are a couple suggestions.

1. Plexiglas drawer bottoms with slots, or strips.

2. A plastic grid, like on commercial overhead lighting, placed in the bottom, or being the bottom.

Rick Potter

Justin Ludwig
10-03-2013, 10:34 PM
I've also seen metal peg board. That pricing might me excessive for a couple of roll outs. I'm going to keep researching ideas for something similar.