PDA

View Full Version : Which Pro Series? Rabbit Laser or FS Laser?

Pete Juratovic
10-02-2013, 7:42 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have been searching for a new laser cutter and I have found myself stuck between two machines. Rabbit Laser and FS Pro Series Laser.

The FS Laser seems to have better software. You can print from a PDF file. Plus the software is written by American programers and and I believe they have a larger support staff then Rabbit Laser.

On the other hand the Rabbit Laser has a bed size of 48x36 which increases the capabilities over the FS Pro Series which is only 24x18.

Our door way is only 35inches and the 24x18 sized laser from FS is the largest that will fit with out voiding any warranty.

So would you rather have easier to use software or a larger bed size? We would definitely use the larger bed size if we had it available.

Does anyone have Rabbit software experience? I spoke with one gentleman who owns a Rabbit Laser and he referenced the printing from PDF would make him reconsider his rabbit purchase. Rabbit can use Correl Draw, Photoshop, and Illistrator which I have copies of all three.

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Here are the two models:
http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/laser_RL1290.html
http://fslaser.com/products/lasers/pro-series/24x18-laser-engraver-and-cutter

Ernie Balch
10-02-2013, 7:59 AM
I have a 900x1200 rabbit laser and have been very happy with it. You can import PDF files into Corel draw and output using the printer driver. The laser came with everything needed including computer, monitor, chiller and exhaust system. I unpacked, moved and set up the laser then had Ray come out and fire it up and spend the day teaching us the tricks of using it. We ran samples of everything I could think of.
I don't have any experience with FS.

Dennis Watson
10-02-2013, 8:36 AM
I bought the 900x600 Rabbit with a 80w reci and Ray and I put it thru my 36" door. Dont know why someone would say a pdf is a factor. Many programs will convert it to a dxf.
The whole reason I went with Rabbit is the fact that Ray delivers, installs, adjusts, test, installs software and does a sample before leaving.
Lasercut software is not only used with Rabbit, most chinese lasers with Leetro controllers use it.
You want the larger bed. :)

Mike Null
10-02-2013, 9:16 AM
Pete

Welcome to Sawmill Creek. There have been many threads on this topic. I would advise you to do a search by manufacturer's name. "Full Spectrum", for example.

Pete Juratovic
10-02-2013, 9:18 AM
Pete

Welcome to Sawmill Creek. There have been many threads on this topic. I would advise you to do a search by manufacturer's name. "Full Spectrum", for example.

Hi Mike,
Thank you for the message and tips!

Joe Hillmann
10-02-2013, 9:47 AM
You don't say where you are from but it may be worthwhile to take a road trip and see a rabbit laser in action so you can see how the software works. If it is too far to drive to see a laser at their location maybe a fellow sawmill creek member has a rabbit near you who would be willing to show you how they run. I would go with the largest bed size I can afford, assuming all else is equal.

Rodne Gold
10-03-2013, 3:22 AM
You can get much bigger lasers in thru your door , the top detaches from the stand on just about all of them and you can turn it sideways and get it in.
My opinion is to go with Rabbit. They do a good machine and seem to have great customer service.

Paul hardy
10-03-2013, 1:40 PM
We've got a FS Laser ProLF 48x36. It will NOT fit thru a 36 in door. The machine is fully enclosed, so no base to remove. We've had pretty good support from FS the few times we've needed it. We haven't had any issues w/ the machine that weren't fixed by cleaning or realigning. The only mechanical failure was a fuse that blew in the power outlet of the machine. Their software is easy to use and they do update it once in awhile. in all, it's been a really good machine since we got it about 6 months ago.

Dave Sheldrake
10-03-2013, 5:26 PM
GoogleFu powerful it is.

"Full spectrum laser problems"

"Rabbit Laser problems"

Rabbit Lasers are made by HX King Rabbit and are pretty much off the shelf machines, FSL lasers are made by G Weike and other than the software and price are pretty much standard machines.

Google both the terms above in inverted commas, the results will make your decision for you quite easily.

Ray Scott at Rabbit is a genuinely decent man who loves what he does and gets a real kick out of helping people.

cheers

Dave