PDA

View Full Version : I am not to sure of the Accutrax Penciil Blades

Bill Huber
10-01-2013, 7:02 PM
I got a pack to try and I am just not to sure about them, they fit just like the blade in the box knife and then do make a line..... but they break really easy. The knife that I am using them in is the type that you can just replace the blade without taking it apart. But when you break the Accutrax you have to take the knife apart to get the broke part out.

You get 3 in the pack and I have broke 2 of them already, I think I will just stick with my .05 Pentel, it make just as nice of a line and I don't break them as much and when I do it is just a push on the little button and I have lead again.

http://www.woodpeck.com/accutraxpencilblade.html

Ben Martin
10-01-2013, 8:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback Bill, I had been thinking about picking some up...guess that will change!

Ben

Ron Barnes
10-02-2013, 8:15 AM
It is awfully hard to beat a Pentel .05.

John Schweikert
10-02-2013, 9:10 AM
I had looked at those recently. A product which creates a solution where there was no problem. But that applies to the majority of woodworking gadgets. Regular pencils or carpenters pencils work fine. You can buy a lot of school pencils for $12.

Tony Joyce
10-02-2013, 11:52 AM
I think you mean .5mm on the Pentels. I have used the Pentel .9mm for years. I've not found anything to beat it yet. I saw the Accutrax and was tempted to order some. Glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill Huber
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I think you mean .5mm on the Pentels. I have used the Pentel .9mm for years. I've not found anything to beat it yet. I saw the Accutrax and was tempted to order some. Glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up.

No a .05, it makes a really fine line.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are correct, it is a .5 that I use and will keep using.

I thought it would be a good idea, could retract it when not in use and put it in my pocket but they break so easy... Well maybe it is just my heavy hand but I don't have a problem with my Pentels.

glenn bradley
10-02-2013, 1:41 PM
No a .05, it makes a really fine line.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are correct, it is a .5 that I use and will keep using.

I thought it would be a good idea, could retract it when not in use and put it in my pocket but they break so easy... Well maybe it is just my heavy hand but I don't have a problem with my Pentels.

I don't think you are heavy handed Bill if you can use a .5mm pencil without issue. I've never considered myself ham-handed but, I do tend to press too hard when I write. I use .7mm or whatever wooden pencil is near at hand. I do have some .5mm pencils for use with my Incra rules that require them. Thanks for taking one for the team. I did wonder how they could make that thing stout enough for use in a wood shop and still have it make a line on semi-soft and irregular surfaces. I guess the answer is . . . they don't :).