PDA

View Full Version : Another food related use

Bruce Clumpner
10-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I keep finding these laser related atypical uses all over. This one's pretty cool too. We just have to get together and sell Ruth's Chris on marking every steak they buy, what a great location to work, eh?

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/fresh-new-ad-medium-laser-etching-copy-slabs-raw-meat-152802?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=AW_Adfreak&utm_campaign=Adweek%20Newsletter%20Template%20-%20adfreak%20-%20july%2012

Martin Boekers
10-01-2013, 12:11 PM
I can see "branding" as a way of a meat company marketing prime cuts, as in, If you don't see our branding it ain't "Primo Cuts" :)

ray hampton
10-01-2013, 4:01 PM
will this cook the meat ?

Ernie Balch
10-01-2013, 4:17 PM
I heard a story about guys in a big factory cooking steaks with a CO2 laser. The when management smelled the cooking meat they came running. To avoid getting fired the laser engineer said it was an experiment and they were going to patent laser cooking. The guys had to write up patent disclosures. I was told that the patent office said it was just another source of heat so it was disallowed.

Mark Ross
10-01-2013, 7:16 PM
Uhh....photoshop? Why waste the meat? But I was thinking, now that my trademark on the word patent has gone through, when the government starts back up I am suing the patent office...but I digress. Here is a good use for it..."Use by X date or Freeze." Now a dishonest meat place can't just keep re-marking old meat in new packages. Oooh ohh...laser mark hot dogs, oh wait, THAT'S NOT MEAT! LOL.