PDA

View Full Version : bandsaw is finally getting there.

curtis rosche
09-30-2013, 10:27 PM
The bandsaw I bought in the spring is finally starting to get finished up. The top still needs cleaned and the motor wired, as well as larger casters (they are on their way). But the saw runs true and should be able to cut anything I can throw at it.Sorry for the poor image quality.

charlie knighton
09-30-2013, 10:46 PM
need a bigger (monster) table, Curtis, maybe plywood on each end

that is really big

curtis rosche
09-30-2013, 10:47 PM
There is an auxiliary table that fills the space on the left of the table, its not cleaned yet. But I couldn't resist putting a picture up

Roger Chandler
09-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Are you going to try to put any blade guards on it? For safety sake, I hope so! Nice job so far on the rebuild!

Reed Gray
10-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Yea, a blade guard would be a good idea for when you break a blade. It is pretty exciting when one of my 1 1/4 inch wide blades break. It doesn't keep spinning, though it does bend up quite a bit, but with no blade guard, you would not want to be in the line of fire...

robo hippy

Mike Cruz
10-01-2013, 7:29 AM
A blade guard would be a good idea so that Curtis (or anyone ELSE) doesn't get caught up in the blade!!!

Hey, Curtis, why did you post this in the Turner's Forum? Seems like a General Woodworking kind of thread...?

Dennis Ford
10-01-2013, 9:58 AM
You are going to love that saw, be prepared to buy quite a few blades because you will use the saw a lot!

curtis rosche
10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Hey, Curtis, why did you post this in the Turner's Forum? Seems like a General Woodworking kind of thread...?
Its will see 99% of its use sawing turning blanks

Mike Cruz
10-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh, I was just wondering because you never mentioned turning in your thread... Threads in the Turning Forum that don't mention turning, by rule, get "moved". Not sure why the mods didn't move it. But now you are safe, I suppose...now you mentioned it!

curtis rosche
10-01-2013, 2:26 PM
Im waiting for those last few parts to get here. Im like a kid who cant wait for Christmas to get here, I cant wait to use it to cut up some blanks!

Jim Underwood
10-01-2013, 3:25 PM
Looks great Curtis!

And what about those guards? A blade that big will have quite a lot of momentum...

Don Orr
10-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Awesome Curtis! Nice restoration so far. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.