PDA

View Full Version : My stupid video...

Harold Burrell
09-30-2013, 7:11 PM
It's okay. It was meant to be stupid. So I succeeded. :)

This is a little music vid that I put together as a "promo" for our annual Round-Up Sunday at our church (which was yesterday, by the way...so I'm not using this site for advertising).

Don't worry...there is absolutely NOTHING "religious" about this. I just kinda wanted your feedback. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH9kL21fpK4

Myk Rian
09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I like that. Really.
Interesting that it sounds like a tornado blowing, but the leaves and plants are standing still. :D

Questions:
What software do you use?
What format video files?

Good job.

Harold Burrell
10-01-2013, 7:44 AM
I like that. Really.
Interesting that it sounds like a tornado blowing, but the leaves and plants are standing still. :D

Questions:
What software do you use?
What format video files?

Good job.

Yeah, I know...the leaves aren't blowing. We have really sturdy trees here in PA. ;)

I used VideoPad as an editor. I shot the thing with a friends little video camera (which saved it in an MOV file). I then converted it all to AVI (don't ask me why).

Joe Kieve
10-01-2013, 7:45 AM
Very creative and well done!

Jim Rimmer
10-01-2013, 1:54 PM
I liked the visuals and the twist at the end was funny. Only complaint - the strobing is very irritating. (I guess it was added and not just my pc; it plays other videos without the strobe effect).

'Jacques Malan'
10-01-2013, 2:02 PM
Very well done, you must have been tired after all that running.

A question that Google couldn't answer for me: Why is it called Round-up Sunday?

Von Bickley
10-01-2013, 3:41 PM
Good job Harold..... :) :) :)

Harold Burrell
10-01-2013, 7:32 PM
I liked the visuals and the twist at the end was funny. Only complaint - the strobing is very irritating. (I guess it was added and not just my pc; it plays other videos without the strobe effect).

Yeah...the "strobing thing" was an "old film" effect from my software (which is...by the way...pretty cheap). :o

It was supposed to make the film look old, I guess.

Harold Burrell
10-01-2013, 7:36 PM
Very well done, you must have been tired after all that running.

A question that Google couldn't answer for me: Why is it called Round-up Sunday?

Yeah...I was a tad tired. I was sick that day...a couple of days into a chest cold. :eek:

The idea behind "Round-Up Sunday" was/is to kind of round-up folks again after the usual summer slump in attendance. It also gives me a good excuse to wear cool cowboy stuff.

Harold Burrell
10-01-2013, 7:42 PM
In addition to the goofy video (which was on our facebook page) we handed out flyers and hung this poster up in area businesses...272080