PDA

View Full Version : kids need a list of possible presents

Bill Esposito
05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Got a birthday and fathers day coming up and the kids are pestering me for a list of things I want.

Ok, they shot down the idea of a Stubby or Poolwood so I have to find something a little more affordable for them. :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen any cool things for under say 50-75 bucks? I was thinking of an AAW membership perhaps. I dont really need anything but if I dont give them a list I'll hear about it all year long. :)

Von Bickley
05-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Gift certificates work for me... :)

John Hart
06-01-2005, 6:39 AM
I had the same problem a while back, so I took a stack of flyers and catalogs and yellow highlighted things that looked cool, tools and stuff that I had lost, and miscellaneous things that were low to medium prices...then gave the books to the kids and let them decide. They put together a nice canvas toolbag with different tools for me to carry around. Ends up that I use it all the time.

Tom Mullane
06-01-2005, 8:12 AM
Dang ungrateful kids... no Stubby or Poolewood... don't they have any idea of what you gave up bringing them into the world and raising them... LOL .. Geez if they don't want to spring for a Stubby, they could at least look at a Powermatic... LOL

An AAW membership is a nice idea... good benefits and a great magazine...
Of course going through the latest CSU catalog and circling a load of stuff is also a good idea...

Jim Becker
06-01-2005, 9:44 AM
AAW membership is a no-brainer...you really should be a member. Great organization and incredible quarterly magazine. Good choice for an affordable gift suggestion.