PDA

View Full Version : Can I use clip head nails in F28WW?

Frank Anderson
09-29-2013, 2:27 PM
I have several boxes of clipped head nails around the house and want to know if anyone has any experience using them in a Stanley Bostitch F28WW that states it requires round head.

Frank

David G Baker
09-29-2013, 3:37 PM
Frank, I have both clips and full but I have several guns so I haven't tried to cross them. You can try it. I would not try a full head in a clip head gun. You may be able to get a modification kit that will make it work if there is a problem. Nails aren't cheap so I would contact the maker and see what they say if someone here doesn't have the information you need.

Rich Riddle
09-29-2013, 5:44 PM
That is clipped-nail gun. I you want too use the non-clipped head nails, you need to get the ones that are off-centered.

Rich Engelhardt
09-29-2013, 7:01 PM
I've used both in mine.

You can always call Bostitch at their 800 number and check with them to be sure.

Roger Nair
09-29-2013, 8:04 PM
Bostitch website calls for 28 degree wire collated fasteners, using other fasteners present both operational and safety risks. Other spec fasteners will not in general feed and shoot, the angle of collation must be correct. So whenever I'm faced with a risk trade-off I ask what is an injury worth.

Jason White
09-29-2013, 9:57 PM
Yes -- I used to have that gun and the older Bostitch clip-head nails work fine. Be careful, though. Clip-head nails are against code in some places.

I have several boxes of clipped head nails around the house and want to know if anyone has any experience using them in a Stanley Bostitch F28WW that states it requires round head.

Frank