PDA

View Full Version : New Grizzly Sliding Table

Bob Potter
09-25-2013, 4:28 PM
Hi. there
In my 27 yrs of woodworking I'm finding I'm using more and more sheet goods [plywood] and needing better ways of cross cutting wide boards and plywood. I know there is the new track saws but the price is more than what I just got today. I have a radio arms saw but still not enough cutting width for some of the things I have been building.
Most of what I build is furniture for my wife, kids, Grand kids, church and some paying customers.
When ever we go to Branson Mo. I always stop in Springfield Mo at the Grizzly store. I mean how could you not.
So today we stopped and I got the Grizzly sliding table attachment T10223. I checked this sliding table the last time we were here and have watched the video's on line from Busy Bee tools, Laguna tools and Sandal Woods Fine Woodworking.
This was $595.00 with 25.00 off from coupon buying it at the store. So it's in my van waiting to go home and be mounted on my tablesaw.
So in a couple days we will be heading back home. This sliding table is quiet,smooth and very solid no side to side movement. This can cross cut 48" enough to take care of my needs.
A 74 yr old man should not be like a little kid with a new toy but I am.

When I get it mounted and working good I will write a review and have some pics.

Thanks for looking, until than, Bob

Bill Neely
09-25-2013, 5:14 PM
Hi Bob, I think you'll be pleased with a sliding table. Makes working with sheet goods much easier.

Rick Potter
09-25-2013, 5:43 PM
Hey, big bro,

Spending the kids inheritance again;)?

Rick Potter

Bob Potter
09-25-2013, 8:22 PM
No Rick just my hard earned woodworking money which isn't much. Sure would have liked to take home a new table saw for that sliding table, but not now and maybe never. But I will be very happy with this setup.

Bob

PS Being our last name is Potter you aren't my long lost rich relative or you? I could use one, lol.

Rick Potter
09-25-2013, 10:23 PM
I wasn't, but since our long lost uncle died.............I got your share. I think I have some relatives in PA and OH, but have no real idea, outside my brother Bob (66).

Rick Potter

Bob Potter
09-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Well I'm glad you got it. I hope you put it to good use.

Bob

Paul Wunder
09-26-2013, 7:51 AM
Bob,

I, for one would appreciate reading your thoughts after your using it for a while.

Bob Potter
09-26-2013, 1:53 PM
I can't wait to get it home and on.My wife says I'm like a little kid with a new toy, yep. I will tell you my thoughts on it after a short time.

Bob