PDA

View Full Version : Porter-Cable Kudos

Bill Erskine
05-31-2005, 6:51 PM
In April, Porter-Cable was running a rebate promotion in which you would receive a $50/$25 rebate on qualifying purchases of $300/$150 respectively. Well, that was enough to knock me off the fence and I purchased a PC Biscuit Jointer and the PC dual-nailer w/compressor combo. They were $199 and $299 via Amazon. I ordered them separately so that Amazons' $25 rebate would apply to each. Then upon their arrival, I filled out the rebate forms. Reading the fine print on the rebate forms, I was disappointed that I'd only be eligible for a $25 on each (since Amazon's price was $299 and it didn't look like the rebate rules would allow my adding a small PC accessory to bring the total purchase price above $300.) So, I filled out my 2 rebates forms, checking the $25 rebate box on each.

Well, I was very pleased when I received my rebate checks this weekend and they were for $25 and $50! Very decent of Porter-Cable to rebate the $50 amount (since I was sooo close).

(Please no stealth-gloat penalties, that was not my intention. While I enjoy everyone else's gloats, I only like to gloat about my loving family and my great fortune of health and happiness.) Oops, :eek: I guess that was a stealth-gloat. Guilty. :)

Jeff Sudmeier
06-01-2005, 8:12 AM
Bill,

That is great to hear that PC gave you the higher rebate!! So now what tool do you have lined up for the $75?