PDA

View Full Version : Cler-Vue cyclone

Charlie Jones
05-31-2005, 5:16 PM
Some of you have asked for pictures of my clear cyclone in operation. I planed a 4" oak board while my wife took pictures.

Bill Lewis
05-31-2005, 5:51 PM
I feel like I could be "Arnold the pig" watching TV on the clothes washer! :)

Jim Dannels
05-31-2005, 7:04 PM
I spent 12 years building farm machinery and every grinder mixer had a cyclone on it. Never really understood how it worked.
That picture tells it all!!
Next problem is if I put one in my shop, will I get so facinated with watching it, I would get to watching it and get nothing done?

Alan Tolchinsky
05-31-2005, 7:07 PM
Hey Charlie, that's really cool. What kind of plastic is it made of? I'm guessing polycarbonate or Lexan type. That's what I want; got to see the action. :)

markgoodall
05-31-2005, 7:14 PM
Wow! That's really cool. What an amazing cyclone!

Greg Ladd
06-01-2005, 8:53 AM
Not sure if anyone else thought of it but this system should put to rest the question of whether or not it is safe to use pvc for d/c systems in wood shops.

Greg

Jeff Sudmeier
06-01-2005, 9:04 AM
Charlie,

That is just too neat! :) I think I would get too caught up in watching the chips go round and round and not get anything done! :)

Effie Lever
06-01-2005, 9:48 AM
I agree with all the comments, this is real cool. I was looking at this product and I wonder if you can comment on the performance and the general quality of this product.

Charlie Jones
06-01-2005, 9:58 AM
Its made of Copolyester. It has the best qualities of Lexan and Plexiglass.
I have been using it for about 2 months now and so far the performance is killer.
I installed it in an outside closet so I can't normally see it in operation. I could get fascinated by it if it was in the shop so I think this is safer. You can search for Ed'd site Clear-Vie cyclones.

Scott Parks
06-01-2005, 5:46 PM
But ya' all would be working while watching it, right? So you'd get LOTS of things done, right?