PDA

View Full Version : My BIGGEST you suck yet!!!

Michael Dunn
09-23-2013, 4:39 PM
Hey guys!!!

This simply must be the last of my BIG PT purchasing for a little while... So I was searching CL for another drum sander so I can leave my WM-718 setup for planing most of he time. I came across a listing where a guy was selling EVERYTHING. In short, here is what I walked away with...

Performax 16-32 with 4 boxes of abrasives, w/mobile cart.
Jet 6"/12" BD sander w/mobile base and MANY abrasives.
Jet 14" BS w/mobile base, upgraded fence, 6" riser block, several good blades

All that for $1650.

Then he offered a very nice work bench that he built. With a CRAPLOAD of Veritas bench clamps and dogs, and a ton of other hardware type items...

All that for an additional $500.

Now I need a few more outlets...

I'm still in my van...

Here's the only pics I have...

Rick Markham
09-23-2013, 5:12 PM
A definite YOU SUCK! Congrats! You need to take a better pic when you get the van unloaded, looks like a nice bench!

Jim Neeley
09-23-2013, 5:17 PM
Yea, Michael.. You SUCK.. big, green... WAIT! It's me that's green.. with envy! :eek:

Michael Dunn
09-23-2013, 6:29 PM
I really hate to do this... (Not really... I've been waiting for YEARS for a CL find like this.)

But the deal is even better... I forgot about this 20 bd/ft of 10/4 cherry. 15" wide!!!

Here are some more pics...

It was actually quite a somber moment loading up the bench. He built it himself. You know how we are about our workbenches. I told him its in good hands and it will get some real good use.

I forgot about the woodcraft router bits he threw in with the bench!

Killer deal!!!!

Garth Almgren
09-23-2013, 7:10 PM
Yeah, you definitely suck. :D

Malcolm Schweizer
09-23-2013, 7:20 PM
Add me to the "you suck" list! That is a sweet deal. Just the Veritas parts on that bench are worth the price, or close enough.

Michael Dunn
09-23-2013, 7:51 PM
Add me to the "you suck" list! That is a sweet deal. Just the Veritas parts on that bench are worth the price, or close enough.

That's a BIG part of what sold me on the bench. I went out there with the intention of buying just the 16-32 and Jet b/d sander. Then I couldn't stop thinking about the Jet BS and how much my 14"er really sux. I just had to do it. Once in a lifetime CL find. Perfect timing with my new shop and all.

Now it's time to make some sawdust and some cash!!!

Adam Diethrich
09-23-2013, 8:12 PM
Yep, you suck.

I see it though is payback from the woodworking Gods.
They're just helping you out from your loss of some other things - you threw away by mistake :rolleyes:

P.S. I'll take those bench "pups" and short Wonder pups if it makes you feel any better about this terrible thing that happened to you :)
They would be perfect for my bench!

A.W.D.

Ronald Blue
09-23-2013, 8:41 PM
Yep, what they say is true. YOU SUCK!!!!! Congrats on the find. Glad it was at least a fellow Illinoisian. Most of the deals happen in a far away land. Looks like a pretty nice score. You are quickly filling that new space.

Rick Markham
09-24-2013, 1:06 AM
Seems that 10/4 Cherry board is a little too wide to resaw on your new bandsaw, I will give it a proper home! ;)

(can't blame a guy for trying)