PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
09-23-2013, 8:05 AM
24 Sep 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
We've been having some wonderful weather here....cooler temps, gentle breezes, and this along has allowed the LOML and me to get in the shop and continue our process of cleaning and organizing the shop. You're probably thinking that there's no way that it takes you thing long to clean your shop up. Well, I'm here to tell you that it does. My shop has basically been closed down since 2007 due to family issues, family loses, taking care of 2 widows, and even more. I guess life changes for each of us requiring us to refocus our priorities or even teaches us how to choose proper priorities for our lives and families. Life is getting back to "normal" now and the shop is getting clean and organized....and I will be back in the shop make things once again very, very soon.!! I'm excited about it and the LOML is excited about it as well. So now it's time for me to get off of here and get ready to leave for an early morning dental appointment and then it's off to the day job.

Thank you for your support, prayers, thoughts, and patience as I have had to sort through many things tossed my way in life.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Matt Meiser
09-23-2013, 8:36 AM
Took Friday "off" (already had 40+ hours on my timesheet due to travel Mon-Thursday) and finished up all the construction on my the cabinet project for my parents. Saturday was errands and family stuff but I did get several hours of sanding in on Sunday. About 1/2 the stuff is ready to go into the finishing room and the other half I need to go through 2 more grits with the ROS and then do all the hand sanding.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-23-2013, 9:34 AM
We are in Arizona visiting family. Friday afternoon we drove to Williams, AZ. That night we went to Cruisers 66 diner for dinner. I heard live music for the first time since receiving my cochlear implant. I was stunned by my ability to hear, recognize and enjoy the music. The quality of the music I heard was not as good as when I had normal hearing but it was good.

Saturday we toured the Grand Canyon with a guide. At the end of the day as we were loading into the van at the last view point, a beautiful bull elk gave us an opportunity to film him. Photos to follow when we arrive home.

Yesterday we made our way back to Phoenix.

It has been a great trip visiting with daughter, SIL, granddaughter, hubby and two great-granddaughters. It sure has been warm, however. The 30 degree cooler tempertures we experienced in Williams was a welcome relief!

Shawn Pixley
09-24-2013, 2:01 AM
Last week we had some old friends visit. It was great to see them again. This weekend I worked on my slab bench project, completing the legs and mortising to the slab.

Now on to the backrest...

Will Boulware
09-24-2013, 2:46 PM
I heard live music for the first time since receiving my cochlear implant.

This is awesome! Hope everything continues to work out in your favor and you get to keep enjoying such things!

Back to the business at hand, I glued up the panel top for my Dutch tool chest and got it flattened with the assistance of old number 7 (the Stanley variety, not the bottled sort.) Still puttering around with the thought of breadboard ends, but I was happy to get the panel flattened and ready to go. Did some machine tune up and shop clean up, and got a pretty good bike ride in on Sunday.