PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Colt plunge base review?

Rick Potter
09-22-2013, 7:33 PM
I see on other threads, that some folks have bought the plunge base for the Colt.

How about a couple of reviews on it for those of us who can't decide to go for it. In my case, I want to know if it is accurate, and easy to adjust. I do not like the adjustment setup on my Colt.

Rick Potter

jerry cousins
09-22-2013, 7:52 PM
i've had one for about a year - has made the colt much more versatile - gets me to use it more - have had no problem with accuracy.
jerry

glenn bradley
09-22-2013, 9:35 PM
From an old thread on here:

"I had also pestered Bosch for years with the same answer Bill got. I grabbed the Colt base a short while back and think it is the base the Colt should have been born with. I haven't felt the DeWalt and so can't compare but, if anything I would say the Colt base is too lightly sprung. It does return but, it certainly doesn't push you out of the way to get there ;). No forearm stress from a death-grip. Very smooth, excellent depth control and stepper (depth control was always the Colt's weak spot). I had gotten some Pat Warner bases for the original VS Colt and they fit the plunge as well so now I have PC template collar capability as well."

I see Ace still has them for $95 (https://www.acetoolonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=BOS-PR011). A search here for Colt yields a large result.