PDA

View Full Version : Laminate floor cleaning

Lori Kleinberg
09-22-2013, 12:05 AM
We bought the specialty cleaning product for the floors from the box store, but it must leave some kind of residue. Whenever my grand-daughters come over and run around barefoot, their feet become filthy :(.
So this time I supervised my husband doing the floor, thinking that maybe he was doing something wrong. Well, the girls came over and the same thing happened :eek:.
The floors looked clean and felt clean, but......:confused:
Thanks for your help.

George Bokros
09-22-2013, 8:10 AM
The wife uses one of two things on our Pergo. Vinegar and water or her steam mop. She only uses the steam mop every so often but the vinegar and water is the recommended cleaning solution by Pergo, or was when we purchased our house 15 yrs ago.

George

Lori Kleinberg
09-22-2013, 8:56 PM
Thanks George, our floor is also Pergo. Ceretainly worth a try.

Pat Barry
09-23-2013, 1:00 PM
I suspect your granddaughters are running around lots of places barefoot. Hard to believe your laminate floor is the culprit.

Lori Kleinberg
09-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh I agree Pat, they do run all over. In fact the youngest stomped about the cat litter box :eek:, while her older sister was going potty. But then mommy cleaned her feet dryed them really well and she ran into the familyroom only crossing the tile floor to get there. I know the tiles were clean, but after a bit of playtime in the familyroom, her feet were filthy again.
One correction, the bedrooms are Pergo laminate, the familyroom is bamboo from lumber liguidators.