PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Springfield Mo showroom

Ole Anderson
09-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Coming home after a 7 week RV trip out west, we stopped at Branson MO as it was just 30 miles off the I40. Heading north from Branson on US65, I saw a billboard for the Grizzly showroom in Springfield MO. Didn't realize they had more than 2 stores. Stopped by and WOW what a surprise! The building was huge with a parking lot big enough for half the Creekers at one time. All was very nicely done. Inside water feature with fish was over the top. Not quite a Cabelas, but nice. Most of the building was warehouse, but a showroom room big enough to display all of the woodworking and metalworking tools I knew they had, well not quite all, but most of them. After some research, I see that their 300,000 sf Midwest distribution center is across the street from this 150,000 sf showroom and warehouse. Wow. Sad part is that I walked out with nothing. A few things I wanted, but nothing I really needed. Shop is too small to add much. Did see a few things to put on my Christmas list though.

Michael W. Clark
09-21-2013, 5:23 PM
Yes, that is a nice showroom. I got my G1023 (older version ) at one of their tent sales.

Ronald Blue
09-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I go to Branson once or twice a year and rarely fail to stop and dream and even buy some odds and ends. Plus a guy who works the showroom is from my neck of the woods so we reminisce about what used to be etc... I hope to get there this year. Since my daughter moved to Florida it seems most of my trips are that way.

Chris Rosenberger
09-22-2013, 7:00 PM
I visited the Muncy, PA Grizzly store last week. For me it was a huge disappointment. They did have lots of tools, but many out of stock items. The sales people did not seemed very interested in doing anything other than talk to each other. I was wanting to get a good look at the G0652 table saw. I saw as much as I could on my own. I wanted to see how the riving knife adjusted, but the throat plate was held in with a screw. I asked a salesman if he could remove the throat plate. He said he could not because he did not have any phillips screwdrivers. That was when I decided it was time to leave.

It was not worth the 2 hours it took to get there, although it was a beautiful drive along the Susquehanna River & beautiful country across northern PA.
I was much more impressed by Hartville Hardware & Keim Lumber in Ohio. Two places we would not have visited if we had not made the trip to Grizzly.

Jim Tabor
09-22-2013, 8:20 PM
I'm about three hours from the Springfield store and love the place (and they should love me too). I,ve bought two table saws, band saw, planer, jointer, two sanders, dust collector, and so many smaller items I have lost count. All the sales and warehouse personnel are always helpful. Can hardly wait to get back there.

Phillip Gregory
09-22-2013, 10:18 PM
I was in the Springfield area earlier this year and tried to stop by the showroom, but it was a Sunday and they were closed. It sure is a huge building though and the locals all seem to know what it is even though I doubt very many of them do woodworking. I am sure I will be going there pretty frequently in the future as now I know it's there and it won't be too far away.

Ole, if you want to see really fancy exhibits, go just a bit farther down the road to Bass Pro Shops. The one in Springfield is the original store and has a large amount of exhibits. They have multiple very large aquariums, taxidermied animals, and the last time I was there they had a few gators too. I haven't been to the original Cabela's in Sidney NE but folks who have been there and to the Springfield Bass Pro Shops say they are fairly similar.

Matt Meiser
09-22-2013, 10:24 PM
An uncle and I drove down there from his house about an hour SW of St. Louis. It was a great day. We went to Grizzly, Bass Pro (don't hunt, fish, etc but still cool to visit,) and Lamberts Cafe (home of the throwed roll!) Plus I got to spend a whole day alone with my uncle which was probably the best part.

I've been to the one in Muncy PA twice on vacation too, but while passing through with my family and the were rushed visits.

David C. Roseman
09-23-2013, 3:14 AM
I visited the Muncy, PA Grizzly store last week. For me it was a huge disappointment. They did have lots of tools, but many out of stock items. The sales people did not seemed very interested in doing anything other than talk to each other. [snip]

Was there last year and my experience was just the opposite. YMMV. :)

David