PDA

View Full Version : Need help from someone with a Mac.

Joe Hillmann
09-19-2013, 11:35 AM
When customers request fundraising information from me I usually send it as a PDF. I have had several customers who use Mac's who have been unable to open the files that were originally created in CorelDRAW.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who uses Mac that would be willing to let me send them a PDF and see if they can open it?

Also is there a better way to send other than through a PDF? I thought that PDF's could be opened on any computer (PC, Mac or Lenix) regardless of whether or not they have the program that original document was created in.

Jason Hilton
09-19-2013, 11:50 AM
You can send it to me, I have a mac.

John Bion
09-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi Joe, I use a Mac. I will send you a PM with my address if you would like me to try open a PDF for you
Regards, John

Joe Hillmann
09-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Thank you guys for your offer. Jason was the first to offer so I sent them to him. Assuming they open well for him I wont be sending them to anyone else.

John- even though I didn't use you thanks for the offer.

Doug Griffith
09-19-2013, 12:16 PM
You should be good using PDFs. Embedded fonts may be an issue. If you continue to have issues, send it to me. I'll open it in Acrobat on my Mac and let you know what's going on.

Jason Hilton
09-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I had no problem opening them on my mac, so you should be good. If the person you're sending them to is still having a problem, they probably need to do some computer maintenance.

John Bion
09-19-2013, 12:46 PM
I had no problem opening them on my mac, so you should be good. If the person you're sending them to is still having a problem, they probably need to do some computer maintenance.

Yup, I agree.
I don't have problems with PDFs on either my iMac or my iPad. If I want to download a PDF from the web, I usually right click and use relevant selection, but pdfs in e-mails are no problem. The only thing that comes to mind is that when I first got my mac, the right click function was not enabled so I had to go into System Preferences to enable it.
Hope you come right Joe.
Kind Regards, John

Joe Hillmann
09-19-2013, 12:49 PM
After a closer look the two people who complained about not being able to open them on Mac's both had the same last name. Which suggests it was the same person from the same computer. I did manage to send them the information in a way they could open as jpegs with a massive loss of quality. I also sent them the information through the mail so they will also get good quality easy to read copies.

Ross Moshinsky
09-19-2013, 8:34 PM
Are you saving as a PDF or printing as a PDF? Massive difference in compatibility. I'd suggest printing. Smaller file size and better compatibility.

Joe Hillmann
09-19-2013, 9:44 PM
I am pretty sure in corel I was publishing them as PDF's