PDA

View Full Version : Help with Corel Draw X3 issue

Don Williams Michigan
09-18-2013, 7:42 PM
Well I really need help. Created a file on a Windows 7 computer to cut some vinyl.

When I moved the file (thumb drive) to a different Windows 7 computer running my cutter the font will not work?

Font "Avenir" shows up in Font Navigator on the computer in question and will show me a sample in Font Navigator. However, when I choose the drop down it is just blank.

I have tried deleting and re installing the Avenir font on the computer in question but I cannot get it to work. Of course, this job has to be done by tomorrow morning.

Any and all suggestions are desperately needed!

Tony Lenkic
09-18-2013, 7:52 PM
I see you have X3 & x4. Is it possible that you worked on X4 on setup computer?

You could convert your file on original computer to curves / save it as another name and give it a try.

Scott Shepherd
09-18-2013, 8:11 PM
Don, I don't recall the exact menu options from memory, but when you save the file, there should be an "options" box or something near the bottom where the file name is. It might be that, or it might just be a check box, but what you're looking for is something like "Embed font". When you save the file with that box checked, in most cases, it'll package the exact font with it, and it'll open up clean.

Tony's got the quick fix, go back to the Windows 7 computer and convert all text to Curves. Select all text, "Arrange", "Convert to Curves", and then save it. Both ways will work.

Don Williams Michigan
09-18-2013, 8:26 PM
Tony and Scott you are both life savers.

I became so frustrated with the font problem that I forgot about the convert to curves option. That will get me to meet my deadline.

I will try the embed font option tomorrow after I get this project done.

THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSES!

Mike Null
09-19-2013, 5:46 AM
Don

Why don't you try re-installing the font in your Windows font file, be sure that it's in FN and drag it to the active window.

Don Williams Michigan
09-19-2013, 2:36 PM
Mike,

I did try re installing the font several times. The font is in my windows font file and works fine in Word. It is in FN, and is in the active window. In FN you can display a sample and it shows up. However, when selected from the Corel drop down menu it is nothing but a blank?

Very strange and I have searched everywhere for a solution.

Mike Null
09-19-2013, 6:49 PM
That is a mystery but there is one more thing to try. Take a look at this and see what you have checked.