PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch "Toolbelt Diva's" power tool safety related.

Tim Morton
05-31-2005, 7:49 AM
I was flicking through the channels and saw "info" on a show called "toolbelt diva's"...hmmm...woodworking and diva's...how much better could it get than that? So clicked OK and started to watch. I swear the very first scene I watched was with one women showing another women how to use a circular saw. The homeowner (student) has the saw right on the wood, pluugged in and finger ON the trigger!! This is when the host( teacher) reaches in and puts her finger ON the blade of the saw to show her where to aim the circular saw.....

Jeff Sudmeier
05-31-2005, 8:33 AM
Tim,

It never ceases to amaze me the things that these networks show on "how to" shows. I can't believe that their little, "If you don't know what you are doing, don't do it" disclaimer protects them....

Kelly C. Hanna
05-31-2005, 8:45 AM
Diva...the most incorrectly and overused term of the 'oughts'. I've never watched the show...next time I have to 'find' a laugh somewhere, I might tune in for a minute.

Jim Stastny
05-31-2005, 2:57 PM
Tell me, was the next scene on "How to apply a tourniquet"?

M. A. Espinoza
06-01-2005, 1:45 PM
I was flicking through the channels and saw "info" on a show called "toolbelt diva's"...hmmm...woodworking and diva's...how much better could it get than that? So clicked OK and started to watch. I swear the very first scene I watched was with one women showing another women how to use a circular saw. The homeowner (student) has the saw right on the wood, pluugged in and finger ON the trigger!! This is when the host( teacher) reaches in and puts her finger ON the blade of the saw to show her where to aim the circular saw.....

Here is an interview with the host.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0445/041110_turf_diva.php

She may know her stuff but its TV. T&A likely more important than skill.

Although I want to add the the person that trained me on chairmaking was a young woman that had graduated from craft school and had a degree in Industrial Design. She knew her stuff and also happened to be a hottie. Those qualities aren't mutually exclusive.