PDA

View Full Version : Need pin nailer help

john bateman
09-17-2013, 7:29 PM
I have to replace the driver in my Bostitch HP118k pin nailer. It's item 8 in the drawing below. I have the part, but no instruction for getting the old one out and the new one in. So if anyone with some experience could offer some advice or pointers, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance. http://www.ereplacementparts.com/images/bostitch/HP118K_WW_1.gif

Alden Miller
09-18-2013, 9:33 AM
I haven't done the repair on a pin nailer but on my framing nailer and trim nailer the top (#1 in your picture) is removed and everything underneath it will just pull out. Pay attention to the orientation of any parts that come out and reassemble in the same orientation. Make sure to oil any O rings when you put it back together.

-Alden

Kyle Iwamoto
09-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I have not worked on that particular nailer, but they are all pretty similar. #11 may be the "bumper" and probably should be replaced. See if there is a piston rebuild kit. Change the o-rings that are pulled out when you pull the piston. Check the barrel #12, if your piston got cocked in there it may have gotten damaged, and replacement of the nailer may be a better course. Pull it apart before buying any more parts. As Alden said, it's pretty easy to pull apart.

john bateman
09-18-2013, 4:28 PM
Is item 1 threaded? Does it just remove with a wrench? I'm replacing the part because the original would not seat the pins below the wood surface. Stanley/Bostitch made a replacement part that is supposed to correct the problem. The nailer has very little usage and I don't expect to see any damage inside. But I wondered if there is some special lubricant I should be applying when I reassemble it.

Kyle Iwamoto
09-18-2013, 4:51 PM
Would that not be a recall or warranty work?

The 3 or 5 capscrews on the "back" of the nailer usually gets you access to all the internals. #1 is probably not threaded. Be mindful on how they came out so you can put them back together. If you can get a rebuild kit they usually come with an o-ring lubricant. But since the nailer has not seen much use, you can re-use all of the software. Use the oil that came with the nailer for o-ring lube.