PDA

View Full Version : T Wrench for 1/4" bits?

Ken Garland
09-17-2013, 6:30 PM
So I'm trying to find a basic t-wrench made of two pieces of metal that can accept a 1/4" bit. I was able to find plenty of socket t-wrenches with 1/2" - 3/8" ends for socket wrenching, but nothing that takes a typical 1/4" bit that mutli-tool screwdrivers come with.

I have a small palm wrench that I use for quick fastening but I can't get any torque on it. I just like the quick and easy feel of these style wrenches.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew Bell
09-17-2013, 7:37 PM
I have not been able to find one either - but there are plenty of 1/2 or 3/8 to 1/4 adaptors available, so I use one that came out of a cheap 1/4 and 3/8 set that I have and has not failed me yet.

Bill Houghton
09-17-2013, 7:37 PM
T-handle from a socket set.
Extension, length to fit
magnetic socket for hex bits.

May take a little searching but all these parts are out there.

Joe Bailey
09-17-2013, 10:38 PM
this?
http://www.amazon.com/Felo-0715732350-4-Inch-T-handle-Holder/dp/B000E62NIC

Hilton Ralphs
09-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Use a tap handle Ken, they're to die for!

Joe has the answer though.

Jim Koepke
09-18-2013, 1:38 AM
Dr. Google is your friend. Just have to enter the terms you want and then some > hex bit tee handle ratchet < finds a lot of things.

The problem is many of them are for hex keys. Some are what you are looking for.

This one doesn't have a brand or even country of origin on it:

I have had it for years. It may have been a gift. They are out there.

This one stays in the house tool box. Out in the shop I am more inclined to use my Chapman set.

DEWALT 31-Pc. Ratcheting T Handle Hex Key Set is available at the Orange Borg for ~$20. They should also carry extensions if you need one.

jtk

Ken Garland
09-18-2013, 6:02 PM
I appreciate the efforts guys!

Initially I dismissed the die tap as it was too short. I also found plenty of the plastic handle ones.

I'm convinced they (people out there in corporate world) just don't make one. Maybe I can commission a local welder to just piece something together!

Honestly I'll probably just use my socket t-wrench and an adapter like Andrew and Bill mentioned.

Roger Nair
09-18-2013, 6:25 PM
I'll offer up two sideward steps. For speed of driving in zero volt systems nothing beats a Yankee pattern screwdriver, which now are available from Germany with hex collets. Also adapters are made for old Yankee's to drive hex bits. For power and control, chuck the hex bit in a brace.