PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
09-16-2013, 8:39 AM
17 Sep 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
I will start this off by saying......what AWESOME weather we had this entire weekend.!!!! Nice cool temps, a nice chill in the air at night, and comfy day time temps. I just LOVE cooler weather.!!!

The LOML and I have spent yet even more time in the shop cleaning up, organizing, throwing stuff away that we've collected for years and haven't needed nor even looked for in over 10 years. We are "de-junking" at the same time as cleaning up. The shop cleanup project is making some nice progress and I can now see floor space that hasn't seen day light in a few years. I'm really excited about the progress we've made and the desire to get back in the shop and make things again is beginning to return.

I know that many of you may think...I don't really know who this guy is that keep posting the weekend accomplishments, but he is at least consistent. ;)
Well, I've been an avid woodworker since the age of 14 and I owe the internet and a couple of woodworking forums my due diligence because these forums have been the source of knowledge for me and I have learned a lot from these forums and I am grateful for them. Life changes for us and we simply put woodworking down for a "season" and then we eventually get the desire once again to be creative and enjoy what was once our true passion. I'm that guy that used to live on the forums to try and learn as well as try and help those that were just starting out in woodworking. So.....a Thank You to all of you for helping me be the woodworker that I've become and I pray that I share life, experience, and knowledge with all of those that are where I was years ago....learning and practicing the art of woodworking.

I am committed to doing the Weekend Accomplishments for as long as I am able....so I guess that I'm saying....you're stuck with me until I ain't no more. :D

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!!!!

Matt Meiser
09-16-2013, 9:03 AM
LOMLs birthday was this weekend so we both "took" vacation Friday and today. I say "took" because we both still ended up working over 40 hour weeks last week and I will again this week so it won't actually burn any vacation--one advantage of having to account for all your time. Anyway, Friday we dropped LOMLjr off at school and headed for Charm, Oh. Spent several hours in that area then headed up to the outlet mall in Aurora. Spent the night in Stow, then Saturday we went to Hartville for the flea market and to visit the hardware. She was disappointed that a a couple specific stores weren't in Aurora so I did some looking and found that there were some down south of Columbus so I told her we could go down there and then we spent the night in Dayton. Sunday we spent a few hours at the Air Force Museum (not nearly enough but we were both tired of walking) then headed home.

I did get a couple hours in the shop last night and finished up construction on one of the cabinets for my parents. Just a few things left on my list then I can start sanding. And sanding. And sanding. Hopefully after next weekend I can get all that stuff in the finishing room.