PDA

View Full Version : Font ID?

Chuck Stone
09-15-2013, 7:18 PM
I've tried the usual suspects .. IDentifont, What the font..
not getting anywhere.

Has anyone seen this? Or does anyone know what I would
call those little bumps out on the ends of the letters? That
might help me describe it better when searching.

Dan Hintz
09-15-2013, 7:29 PM
Serifs... that's why when you see versions of the "bumped" fonts without those bumps, they're called "sans serif" (without serif).

Dee Gallo
09-15-2013, 7:29 PM
Those bumps are called serifs. The squared off shape suggests a "rustic" style, country, cowboy or similar. Sorry I don't know the exact font.

Chuck Stone
09-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Thanks, guys .. I knew serifs, but these look (to my poor eyes) like there's
dots or little balls hanging off of them. But it looks blurry. I always thought of
serifs as more straight lines hanging off of the cross of a T or the ends of an
E or an S.
I'll go check again. Thanks!

Shane Archie
09-16-2013, 5:19 AM
Korigan font is the closest match I can get. It isn't the font but looks to be fairly close to it.

Regards,
Shane.

Dan Hintz
09-16-2013, 7:48 AM
Don't forget, Chuck, people often tweak an existing font... kerning, twisting, path following, etc. They all add up to make IDing a little more tricky.

Mike Null
09-16-2013, 9:04 AM
My guess is that this is the original version of the font. I haven't a clue as to what it is but have you checked with the owner of the logo? They or their designer should be able to identify it.

Chuck Stone
09-16-2013, 6:43 PM
I'm sure the designer would know, but catching the right people at the right
time in a center like that is tricky, and there's a charity auction coming up that
these need to be ready for. So I just went with this, cleaning it up as much as
I could. Wish I could have made it closer to the original, but it works.

Chuck Stone
09-16-2013, 6:47 PM
Thanks, Shane.. you're right, it IS pretty close. I wonder why Identifont didn't point
me in that direction? I answered a zillion questions (ok, maybe only a bajillion questions)
and that wasn't one of the ones it pointed me to. I could have tweaked that S on my
own and used the rest of the font as is.. the P, E, R and A look spot on. The differences
in the rest might be lost in the engraving, anyway

EDIT .. used some of the font samples online, and it is indeed the Korigan family.
Might be Korigan ITC TT Light, but not positive. They've played with it some, drop
shadow, gaussian blur, noise etc.. and tweaked some of the letters.
Good eye!