PDA

View Full Version : Chappell squares

Lloyd Robins
09-14-2013, 6:22 PM
Has anyone tried the Chappell Cabinet Maker Bench Squares? It is made in the framing square style, but that has some advantages (flat in shop apron.) The 3 X 4 looks as if it could be quite useful and compared to some squares from other manufacturers seem to be almost reasonably priced. Just wondering.

Tony Shea
09-14-2013, 6:41 PM
I have no experience with this specific square but Chappell squares in general are very well made and extremely well though out. The company has thought of everything when it comes to framing squares and using them in the field.

Jim Ritter
09-14-2013, 7:38 PM
I use their Traveler model for setting angles on the miter gauge. A quick calculation on the phone calculator and I'm good to go. The inside leg is ten inches so the math is easy. The inch is divided into twenty parts so laying out a decimal is easy. I don't do any framing so those features are lost on me. They are a good company to deal with, I own several sizes of their squares and noticed the scales were off on one, they sent me a new one.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/boatman53/d44678e2301c4bf116f76040f715bbdc.jpg

Jim

Lloyd Robins
09-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Thank you for your help. I am considering one for the shop.