PDA

View Full Version : Jet JJP-12 owners, check your guard

Matt Meiser
09-13-2013, 8:29 PM
Mine suddenly moved while using the machine. This is what I found....

After some confusion on their side today I got an email that they are sending me a whole new guard.

Dick Mahany
09-13-2013, 9:30 PM
WHOA !! I'm going to check mine first thing in the AM. Thanks for posting Matt. ( My machine is a very early production non-HH model FWIW)

Curt Harms
09-14-2013, 9:02 AM
WHOA !! I'm going to check mine first thing in the AM. Thanks for posting Matt. ( My machine is a very early production non-HH model FWIW)

Mine too. I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads-up, Matt.

Rick Gooden
09-14-2013, 12:22 PM
The exact same thing happened to mine right after I got it (maybe 2 or 3 years ago). CS sent me a new unit and it's been fine since.

Jim Neeley
09-14-2013, 4:51 PM
Jeepers, Matt.. That's good to know and I'm glad you're safe!!

Jim in Alaska

C Scott McDonald
09-15-2013, 1:43 AM
Holy smokes!

Lucky it didnt fall down into the head when it broke!

Matt Meiser
09-15-2013, 6:57 PM
Hopefully they've improved the casting quality...

What's dumb is that that big recess doesn't serve any purpose. They could have made the thing solid and it would never have broken even as poorly cast as it is. Kind of wondering if I shouldn't fill that recess with epoxy before I install the new one?

My first concern when it happened was not to bump it anymore to be sure it didn't fall into the cutters. That would have gotten expensive quick.

Alan Bienlein
09-15-2013, 7:03 PM
Hopefully they've improved the casting quality...

What's dumb is that that big recess doesn't serve any purpose. They could have made the thing solid and it would never have broken even as poorly cast as it is. Kind of wondering if I shouldn't fill that recess with epoxy before I install the new one?

My first concern when it happened was not to bump it anymore to be sure it didn't fall into the cutters. That would have gotten expensive quick.

Actually it does serve a purpose as the metal thats not used in that space can be used to make another bracket!