PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Online Vendors?

Adrian Anguiano
09-12-2013, 9:26 PM
Are there any online vendors for Thompson tools besides Thompson? I only want 1 gouge and its 12 buck shipping. Might as well buy other wood turning items I need if I can find a dealer that sells lots of stuff.

Eric Gourieux
09-12-2013, 9:37 PM
I don't know of any. My suggestion: buy 2 gouges or add a handle. It feels better that way.

Ben Darrah
09-12-2013, 9:37 PM
http://vinceswoodnwonders.com/

Eric Gourieux
09-12-2013, 9:41 PM
Ben, you are correct. Good call!

Adrian, you could consider a Thompson handle. You asked about them in a previous post. I have several, and I like them a lot. Vince (vinceswoodnwonders.com) has great sanding supplies, so you can't go wrong shopping his site either.

Harvey M. Taylor
09-13-2013, 1:05 AM
Adrian, Wood World in Plano handles Thompson tools also. And they are in your back yard. They offer 10% discount to local turning clubs such as North Tx, Woodturners. Why not come join us? Email add. is www.wntx.org (http://www.wntx.org) or email me @ maxt55@sbcglobal.net.

Kyle Iwamoto
09-13-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm with Eric on this one. Buy 2 gouges AND a handle. After you use his gouge, you'll want another.

Scott Hackler
09-13-2013, 3:20 PM
Adrian, you should have taken the 1 1/2 hour drive to Waco last month and bought them off his table at SWAT!!! Only problem is all the OTHER vendors pedaling their stuff for turners! There is no "cheap" trip to the vendor room!!!

alex grams
09-13-2013, 3:51 PM
I know your pain Adrian. That is how I end up with orders that should be 1 tool turning into orders of 2-3 tools.

I make my own handles, so haven't ordered any of his yet. I am curious to try one sometime though.

Harvey, I have been meaning to make it to one of the WNTX meetings, but just haven't had the schedule work out right for it. I may try and work around my schedule to make it this month. I don't have much opportunity to meet other turners/woodworkers, and they are always the type of people I enjoy visiting with.