PDA

View Full Version : grizzly track saw

bobby milam
09-12-2013, 4:30 PM
Breaking down corian and found that the pieces are wider than my sliding miter can handle and too bulky to cross cut on the table saw. I wanted a festool but could not justify the price at the moment so ordered the grizzly. My question is the blade. I have heard comments both ways on the stock blade so I figured that I would just go ahead and het a better blade.

Any recommendations for a quality blade that will do good on corian? It is just the 1/4" panels.

david brum
09-12-2013, 5:23 PM
I bought one of the Oshlun general purpose track saw blades to replace the stock Grizzly. It's worked great, but I think I'd get a TCG tooth profile if I were cutting a lot of corian. Amazon has them here (http://www.amazon.com/Oshlun-SBFT-160056A-Ferrous-Festool-SP6000K/dp/B004IYJKUU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1379020810&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=tcg+tracksaw+blade).

Curt Harms
09-13-2013, 9:51 AM
TCG is what's recommended in DuPont's fabrication manual. I used a P-C trim saw (model 314) with a Freud ATB blade cutting on a rigid foam sheet. That worked fine.

Rich Tesoroni
09-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I used a festool and bought the regular Freud blade. On the table saw I used one of the Bosch solid surface blades, but then was cutting thicker stock.

Either way seemed to cut easily with the new blades. Carbide router bits go right through too.

Rich

bobby milam
09-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I will go pick one up.