PDA

View Full Version : Us Old Folks

Joseph N. Myers
05-30-2005, 11:57 AM
<B>Isn't This The Truth<O:p</O:p

A college student at a recent USC football game hallenged a senior citizen sitting next to him, saying it was impossible for their Generation to understand his. "You grew up in a different world," the student said loud enough for the whole crowd to hear.

"Today we have television, jet planes, space travel, man has walked on the Moon, our spaceships have visited Mars, we even have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing .... and uh.."<O:p</O:p

Taking advantage of a pause in the student's litany, the geezer said, "You're right. We didn't have those things when we were young; so we invented them, you little twit! What the hell are you doing for the next generation??"<O:p</O:p

I love senior citizens!

<O:pRegards, Joe</O:p

</B>

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-30-2005, 2:13 PM
FAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>TAS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

David Fried
05-30-2005, 4:41 PM
three thumbs up!

Randy Moore
05-30-2005, 9:43 PM
Someone needs to put thoose youngun,s in their place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Stastny
05-31-2005, 3:08 PM
Absolutely true ! ! ! ! ! !

Donnie Raines
05-31-2005, 4:23 PM
Trust me....they don't speak for all of us young ones. I, for one, very much admire the "older" generation. I enjoy sitting behind my desk listening to some of the old timers talk about "the war" and the prices way back when.

Things appeared to be much simpler then(at least that's the way I always feel when I listen to them tell their stories). Plus, you seem to be friends with everyone your age.....friendly at the very least. I hardly get any acknowledgment from someone my age unless it's to tell me " I'm number one" if you no what I mean..... :rolleyes: :mad:

Jeff Sudmeier
06-01-2005, 8:09 AM
Donnie,

I agree! The older generations have taught me a lot! They deserve our respect and gratitude for living through some of the hardest times in our history.