PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.... is this normal?

Rich Engelhardt
09-10-2013, 9:16 AM
Ok - so I ordered a nail gun from Tyler Tools over the weekend.
I waited all day yesterday to get a tracking number.
I finally got it at about 8:00pm.

Now I can't resist checking the progress of the shipment like every half hour or so - even though I know it's just sitting in the back of a truck headed North on the interstate.

The anticipation is fun!

Am I weird or do other people get a thrill out of waiting for an order to arrive?

Gordon Eyre
09-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I always have some anticipation after I place an order.

glenn bradley
09-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe you just really like shooting nails? I too tend to "touch base" more often than might seem sensible when something is on the way ;-)

Rick Potter
09-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Anticipation is always better than realization, Rich. Enjoy it now, while you can :rolleyes:.

Rick Potter

Larry Browning
09-10-2013, 2:04 PM
I get made fun of all the time by my family every time I order something on the internet. They say I am worse than a 6 year old waiting for Christmas. But I got to tell you, the wait and anticipation just adds to the joy of getting a new tool. I used to resist and try to be cool and pretend I wasn't that excited about it. That just didn't work for me, so I just accept it, no, embrace it. I think if I can't get excited about stuff, (and share my excitement with others) whether its a new tool, or just being excited about some new technique I have learned, I might as well just sit in front of the TV all day and take naps.

So, just think how excited you will be when you order something really big like a new band saw or lathe and have to wait a week or 2 for it to arrive. What fun that is! Way better than just going down to the store and picking it up.
I'd bet that Gordon had extra heighten anticipation excitement while waiting for his new Grizley Band Saw he won on SWC a few months back, right Gordon? I know I would have.

I think the people that laugh about it are really just jealous that they can't feel the same excitement about things that I do.