PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
09-09-2013, 10:06 AM
9 Sep 2013

Good Morning,
Very busy morning for me as I have a lot of catch up work to do at the day job from being off last week. The LOML and I spent Friday and Saturday in my shop cleaning up, putting up, organizing, and such. Now we have a fairly clean shop that has space enough now to move around in. I can actually think about woodworking projects now since I have a shop that is in much better shape than before.

The heat of summer came back to us and boy has it been hot. Still working on the odds and ends of the remodeling work on the inside of the house, spent time with the family yesterday, played bass guitar at church and rested a bit.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Anthony Whitesell
09-09-2013, 10:31 AM
I managed to get the pool taken down and the new back flood lights put up (ready for snow now). I also got some time in on fixing up the drill press.

I went to Lowe's with some time on my hands trying to find a way to nicely and securely attach the VFD enclosure to the drill press. I thinking of attaching it to the front of the post at the bottom. Of course if I had walked in asking for such a thing, they wouldn't have a clue. So I told them I was looking for a way to attach a box, to which I have access to the inside, to a 3 1/2" diameter round post that I can't drill or screw into. I started with the plumbing department, offering only metal pipe strap, they sent me to HVAC. HVAC sent me to outdoor/fencing. Fencing sent me to lumber. Lumber sent me to electrical. The nice lady in electrical listened to what I want. Then stated "You want to attach an electrical box to a 3 1/2" diameter post. That must be a 4" post, since lumber is undersized which makes it 3 1/2. Well electrical is over sized, so 3" conduit is actually 3 1/2" OD. So here, try this PVC conduit hanger." Low and behold if it didn't fit perfectly! This must be the first time that undersized lumber and oversized electrical/plumbing fittings has ever worked in my favor.

Gregory King
09-09-2013, 10:54 AM
I helped move a piano on Saturday. Lucky me, right? On Sunday I started an octagon shaped community road side garbage bin made from PT. Lots of cutting, about 3/4 completed. Still have to come up with a proper set of hinges. I'll scratch my head a bit more on that part. Greg

Matt Meiser
09-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I rearranged my lumber storage to get some excess cherry from my parents' bath cabinets off the floor and free up some wall space in the shop proper in preparation to move my dad's metal lathe to my shop. Also sketched an alternative design for one piece I "owe" them because mom changed her mind. Sunday I got approval to go ahead with the original design so I milled lumber and glued up panels for that piece. Rest of the weekend was yard work (cleaning up the garden area so we can return it to grass--decided we spent more money than if we'd gone to one of the many local produce stands and just bought stuff) and miscellaneous errands as well as visited with my parents and an uncle who is in town both Saturday and Sunday late afternoon/evening.

Gordon Eyre
09-09-2013, 1:03 PM
I had electronics problems over the weekend and ended up buying two Blu-Ray players which I hooked up to the Internet for Netflix streaming. I bought one Sony player at a store near me for $129 and it worked great. My other player was having intermittent audio problems so I stopped in at Best buy and they had the same Sony player for $89. Needless to say I took both bills of sale back to the original store and ended up getting a $30 refund even though they claimed it was below their purchase price. All is well.

Robert McNaull
09-09-2013, 4:18 PM
Got my clearvue unit hung on Saturday. Finished up my tool layout and ready to order y fittings for 8" main and 6" drops. Paused for couple hours as well to watch the Buckeyes win.

Adam Diethrich
09-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Hello All,

Well, following the lead...

Finished up my build-in bookcase this past weekend. Considering I only build something every so often, turned out pretty nice.
Mixture of cherry ply and solid.

Just have to add the molding/trim...

A.W.D.

John Scarpa
09-10-2013, 9:09 PM
Just finished getting all of my ductwork in for the shop and adding a switch to the oneida collector. I'm soooo glad that's over! THe wife really appreciates that dust is much less of a problem. Now back to work!

Jason White
09-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Smacked a bunch of wall hung cabinets together for the shop, all put together with pocket screws (no glue). I'm constantly amazed at how strong those buggers are! I even managed to get some paint on them. When finished, they will have adjustable shelves, face frames, and frame-and-panel doors with pegboard for the panels. My shop is small, so I need every inch of storage I can get! :D

9 Sep 2013

Good Morning,
Very busy morning for me as I have a lot of catch up work to do at the day job from being off last week. The LOML and I spent Friday and Saturday in my shop cleaning up, putting up, organizing, and such. Now we have a fairly clean shop that has space enough now to move around in. I can actually think about woodworking projects now since I have a shop that is in much better shape than before.

The heat of summer came back to us and boy has it been hot. Still working on the odds and ends of the remodeling work on the inside of the house, spent time with the family yesterday, played bass guitar at church and rested a bit.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Shawn Pixley
09-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Spent time arranging / organizing my office / music room for some house guests who will be arriving this coming weekend. Saw a movie with LOML. Did all that I could to not think about work...