PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in September

Kevin Bourque
09-08-2013, 6:56 PM
After spending hours and hours and hours looking at the various portable band saw mills available on the market I bought an EZ Boardwalk mill, made by Edward Zimmerman in Emden Mo. It was ordered on Thursday and delivered yesterday.( Mennonite magic!) I am very impressed by how solidly built it is. I got the mill, the trailer package, blade sharpener, 4 blades, and delivery charge for $8850.00.

What sold me was the 40" wide log capacity that will cut a true 36". This is much larger than almost all the portable mills on the market, even the bigger expensive models. The cutter head is angled so that it enters the board smoothly. I also liked the blade lubrication system and the log roller winch setup.

I tried it out today by cutting some walnut into 6'x36"x8/4" slabs and some cherry into 6'x15"x 4/4 boards. It performed flawlessly. The blade cut straight and without any wavering or wobbling. It's also remarkable how just a little bit of pressure will move the saw head through the logs. The Honda GX 630 motor has plenty of power and it's surprisingly quiet. All things considered I'm very pleased with the mill.

David Helm
09-08-2013, 8:38 PM
How about some pictures?

Matt Ellis
09-08-2013, 8:55 PM
Explain the canted blade angle, please. How does that effect quarter sawing?

Dick Mahany
09-08-2013, 9:52 PM
Congrats !!

We require VIDEOS to make us happy;) Looks like a great machine, so make the most of it.