PDA

View Full Version : water breakfast

ray hampton
09-08-2013, 3:48 PM
I had a water pipe to burst back in June 21 and another break today , grey pipe , is the law suit still going and how can I get all of the piping replace without me paying for the work/materials ?

David Helm
09-08-2013, 8:33 PM
I believe it is too late to get anything from the Polybutelene suits. Probably ought to repipe your entire house. I know it's expensive, but in the long run it will save you money.

ray hampton
09-08-2013, 9:14 PM
I believe it is too late to get anything from the Polybutelene suits. Probably ought to repipe your entire house. I know it's expensive, but in the long run it will save you money.

I search the internet hoping to find a device that would turn the water - off in case a pipe burst but someone are missing a good inventory [spell], this was the second break, if the pipe break soon after I go to sleep and no one turn water off until 10 hours later oh well it will wash the driveway, I do need NEW PIPE

Pat Barry
09-09-2013, 1:19 PM
There are water leak detectors out there Ray. They range in price and capability of course. Biggest thing you need to figure out is where you will put the sensor.

Jim Matthews
09-09-2013, 1:29 PM
Flood master to prevent another disaster...

http://www.floodmaster.com/products/wireless-leak-alarm-water-main-shutoff.php

ray hampton
09-09-2013, 4:02 PM
Flood master to prevent another disaster...

http://www.floodmaster.com/products/wireless-leak-alarm-water-main-shutoff.php

thank you for the link but I need to apologize , the device that I want will detect a drop in the water pressure and turn the water off

Jim Matthews
09-09-2013, 5:43 PM
thank you for the link but I need to apologize , the device that I want will detect a drop in the water pressure and turn the water off

I'm not sure that exists.
Every time you flush a toilet, the water pressure drops.

This is short money, if your leaks are confined to key areas.

ray hampton
09-09-2013, 7:15 PM
I'm not sure that exists.
Every time you flush a toilet, the water pressure drops.

This is short money, if your leaks are confined to key areas.

Do you drive, well the cars motor comes equipped with a Oil Gauge and brake pressure warning device, why not a water pressure drop device

Harold Burrell
09-09-2013, 8:54 PM
Do you drive, well the cars motor comes equipped with a Oil Gauge and brake pressure warning device, why not a water pressure drop device

I don't see how there could be one. I mean, when it comes to oil & brake fluid pressure you are dealing with a sealed supply. That is, the oil & brake fluid circulates. It is not released (at least it is not supposed to be :)). When it comes to water, I don't know how a system could recognize the difference between a leak and someone, say, turning on a faucet. :confused:

ray hampton
09-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I don't see how there could be one. I mean, when it comes to oil & brake fluid pressure you are dealing with a sealed supply. That is, the oil & brake fluid circulates. It is not released (at least it is not supposed to be :)). When it comes to water, I don't know how a system could recognize the difference between a leak and someone, say, turning on a faucet. :confused:

this is easy if the device could be set to turn the water off after a set -time [ of course filling the swimming pool, taking 6 showers, washing 6 loads of clothes would require that the device could be disable ] this device will be a robot type machine

Jim Matthews
09-10-2013, 7:10 AM
While we're wishing, can I have a robot that cleans my kids' rooms and walks the dog?

And a pony? I like ponies.

ray hampton
09-10-2013, 12:28 PM
While we're wishing, can I have a robot that cleans my kids' rooms and walks the dog?

And a pony? I like ponies.

this is a lot -more than a WISH , it will need someone to invent it and sell to all person that use water, so many pipes are cutt and sold for scrap and some times the water will run for days before it are found, this device could save the insurance companies piles of money

Jeffrey Schronce
09-17-2013, 6:41 PM
so many pipes are cutt and sold for scrap and some times the water will run for days before it are found, this device could save the insurance companies piles of money

Incorrect. The exclusion for theft/vandalism from vacant properties saves the insurance company money.

Washing machine hose failures are historically the most prone to loss. 10 years ago, in conjunction with the insurance industry, low pressure shut off switches were developed for washing machines. No one bought them. Most people are too cheap to buy new hoses when they get a new appliance.

ray hampton
09-18-2013, 4:32 PM
Incorrect. The exclusion for theft/vandalism from vacant properties saves the insurance company money.

Washing machine hose failures are historically the most prone to loss. 10 years ago, in conjunction with the insurance industry, low pressure shut off switches were developed for washing machines. No one bought them. Most people are too cheap to buy new hoses when they get a new appliance.

May we take a poll about the cheap skates [ just kidding ] IF the old hose burst soon after you buy a new machine , YOU will spent more money having the machine move than the new hose cost you