PDA

View Full Version : Jet 10-20 Question

Ken Casser
09-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Brand new Jet 10-20 drum sander and the belt keeps tracking to the left. If I tighten the left tracking adjuster tight enough to keep the belt from traveling, the right side gets floppy. Is it possible to adjust the rear drive roller? I'm thinking that if I were able to shift it a little to the rear that might solve my problem. Or, is it possible that the belt just needs to break in?

Dick Mahany
09-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I had the same problem on a 22-44. Wound up needing a new feed belt. Suggestion...Call Jet and see if they'll send you a warranty replacement belt as I'm sure they've seen this a number of times.

Joe Kaufman
09-08-2013, 3:53 PM
I've had a 10-20 for about 5 years. Has tracked to the right from day one. Use it infrequently because of the tracking issue. I purchased a new belt recently but have not installed it. The out-feed roller is not parallel height wise with the platen, lower on the right side. Will try the new belt before elongating the mounting holes and the making the roller parallel.to the platen.

Ken Casser
09-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Thank you for your responses. I'm on "hold" with Walter Meier to see what they suggest. I don't want to tear the thing apart unless I have to.

Ken Casser
09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I think we solved it. The guys at Walter Meier were really helpful. I just didn't give it enough time. As long as the rollers are below the plane of the table, it just takes a while for the belt to break in and you need to run it constantly for a while while making small adjustments to the tracking levers. I think I'm happy now. :)