PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to hear it but........

Cindy Rhoades
09-08-2013, 8:35 AM
I was set up at a show yesterday and in the middle of running an order my laser just quit. The fans still run but the LED screen is blank and it will not return to home position. I was hoping it just got a little to warm and shut down but I have a bad feeling it is the motherboard since I have had it back in the shop for over 12 hours and it still does not work. I just wanted to see if you wise friends have the same impression I do or if there is some other reason I had not thought of.

Mike Null
09-08-2013, 11:42 AM
I would go through it and re-seat all connections since you have now moved it twice.

Larry Bratton
09-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Cindy,
Speaking from experience, that is very symptomatic of a board failure. I know you hate to hear that, but as you probably know already, boards don't give any warning, they just die. Chat Brian at Epilog tech support in the morning, they open early and he will help you.

Cindy Rhoades
09-09-2013, 6:39 PM
It was board failure and I will get my new board in the morning. At least most people were very understanding and just placed an order. So I have a lot of work to catch up on before this coming weekend because I have another show scheduled for then. At least I get to do a deep clean on my machine which was good. It wasn't near as dirty as I thought it might be because I have never had the back off of it.