PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw issue

Don Williams Michigan
09-07-2013, 8:48 PM
I just noticed a new problem that I am having in X3.

Lets say I make a 3" by 4" rectangle in Corel Draw. When I print it out on my Ricoh 3300 printer, the rectangle prints to a different size? Say 2 3/4 by 3 3/4.

I am not sure if I accidentally changed a setting, but I cannot figure it out.

I recently changed to a different icc profile but I do not think that is causing the problem.

Any help will be appreciated!

Lee DeRaud
09-07-2013, 11:59 PM
"Auto scale and rotate" got checked accidently in the printer driver maybe?

Larry Bratton
09-08-2013, 12:19 PM
There is a setting in that print driver that sets Printer Measurement Units..check that and see if you have a mismatch there. I'm not saying that's a fix, but check it anyway and change it to match Corel (mm or inches) and see what happens. Just a shot.

Mike Lysov
09-08-2013, 8:49 PM
I have similar problem with my flatbed printer. It prints in width just fine but in length it makes all graphic 1-2.5mm shorter for 30cm long design. I guess if design is longer it may make it even shorter. I have no idea why it is doing it so I just make my design 2mm longer. It may be just RIP software I use or something bad with drivers/encoders that moves the table front/back.

Or it may have something to do with software resolution.
I know it for sure from using one online tool that generates svg files. It seems it generates files created with one resolution and when I import them in CorelDraw that I have set to 300 DPI all graphic is rescaled after import. For example, I have just done design with a circle that supposed to be 220mm in diameter. After I import the generated svg into Corel Draw X4 the circle diameter is only 206.25 mm. It is not a big deal for me because the main outline shape in these designs is always the circle so I can just rescale it back to 220mm.

Bill Cunningham
09-08-2013, 8:52 PM
your output dpi is probably different than your printer dpi.. I.e. image is 200 dpi and printer is printing 300 or 600 dpi..

Mike Lysov
09-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Bill, if you mean my post I do save designs for printing with 300 DPI and print with 1440x720DPI setting in RIP. And the RIP shows the correct size of the image before printing, however prints it shorter. I know all this because I print on wooden blanks(299x99mm) and even with my designs specifically made 1mm bigger(301x101mm) on each side to make sure all blank piece will be printed over the vertical printing does not cover the whole blank.

The printer resolution cannot be set to 300DPI and there is no reason to save image for printing in 1440x720 DPI. So I guess an image dpi will never match printing dpi. However I did expect from the beginning of using this printer that it would print the exact size. It does not and that's why I add extra 1-2mm to image length once it's loaded in the RIP.

I have another smaller flatbed printer also based on Epson. It does not have all these problems.

Bill Cunningham
09-12-2013, 8:59 PM
Bill, if you mean my post I do save designs for printing with 300 DPI and print with 1440x720DPI setting in RIP. And the RIP shows the correct size of the image before printing, however prints it shorter. I know all this because I print on wooden blanks(299x99mm) and even with my designs specifically made 1mm bigger(301x101mm) on each side to make sure all blank piece will be printed over the vertical printing does not cover the whole blank.

The printer resolution cannot be set to 300DPI and there is no reason to save image for printing in 1440x720 DPI. So I guess an image dpi will never match printing dpi. However I did expect from the beginning of using this printer that it would print the exact size. It does not and that's why I add extra 1-2mm to image length once it's loaded in the RIP.

I have another smaller flatbed printer also based on Epson. It does not have all these problems.

Nope I was thinking about Don's question, also thinking a 300,600,1200 dpi laser or ink jet monochrome printer, not a high res image or actual photograph type printer. He was only trying to print a square.