PDA

View Full Version : Rob Lee's office

Hilton Ralphs
09-05-2013, 3:52 PM
- where all the fun begins

David Weaver
09-05-2013, 4:24 PM
The two planes with inserts look VERY much like something Derek would make given the shape of the handles.

Jim Matthews
09-05-2013, 6:49 PM
So I've got two questions;

Why did Aladdin need TWO lamps?
Where did he get the Eugene Melnyk action figure?

Derek Cohen
09-05-2013, 7:17 PM
The two planes with inserts look VERY much like something Derek would make given the shape of the handles.

David, you have amazing eyesight.

Regards from Perth

Derek

David Weaver
09-05-2013, 10:32 PM
The shape of the handles is unique. It's interesting that if any one of us does some work, you can spot our individual habits and styles right away.

Chris Griggs
09-06-2013, 8:17 AM
It's interesting that if any one of us does some work, you can spot our individual habits and styles right away.

This is very true. For example, it is easy to distinguish my unique style by all the the strategically placed blowout and gaps in joinery. I call this style "Rustic Nouveau" with rustic pronounced rue-steek (patent pending) :)

Rob Lee
09-06-2013, 8:57 AM
- where all the fun begins

Hi -

Ahhh.... what you can't really see it that the wall unit with drawers (from a 1900's hardware store - 94 drawers in all) is stuffed full of cool tools - perhaps as many as 500...

It's kind of a filing system for the smaller stuff. I keep it all unlabelled, so I have to open a dozen or so drawers each time I go looking for something I thought I put in there....

David - sharp eye.... those are Derek's - and hold a place of honor (at eye level).

I'd post more pictures... but I think I'd ruin the plans of our social media folks to show it in bits and pieces going forward....

Cheers -

Rob

David Weaver
09-06-2013, 9:02 AM
There is but one problem, Rob. I don't see anything of George's in those pictures. (I don't have anything of George's either, aside from a few infill plane screws, but my taste and means are certainly no Rob Lee level of either!). I tried to mooch a guitar off of george, but can you believe he likes to get paid to do work????

Rob Lee
09-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi David -

George does fabulous work - I always read his posts. There aren't many that have the scope George has..

Cheers -

Rob

Chuck Nickerson
09-06-2013, 2:01 PM
This is very true. For example, it is easy to distinguish my unique style by all the the strategically placed blowout and gaps in joinery. I call this style "Rustic Nouveau" with rustic pronounced rue-steek (patent pending) :)

If they grant this patent I'll have to stop woodworking. But then I do have some 'prior art'.

Mike Allen1010
09-08-2013, 10:35 PM

Typically hysterical Chris!!

FYI- full disclosure - I just changed the name plate on my office door to include your tagline: "Always be yourself.... unless you can be one of the X-men, then always be an X-man".

Although perhaps inconsistant with the John Wooden "Pyrimid of Excellence" and "Colin Powells 13 Rules" also hanging in my office, I get by far the biggest enjoyment from your X-menquote

All the best, Mike

Chris Griggs
09-09-2013, 6:19 AM
FYI- full disclosure - I just changed the name plate on my office door to include your tagline: "Always be yourself.... unless you can be one of the X-men, then always be an X-man".

This makes me happy!