PDA

View Full Version : Laser cutter model lc 1390 from wklaser

IAN D THOMSON
09-05-2013, 8:11 AM
Hi there
just joined...does anyone know above model laser cutter?...looking at purchasing one from g weike china

Dave Sheldrake
09-05-2013, 8:44 AM
Weikes are pretty good, bit "mechanical" but over all good value.

They have a few bad points but at the price point nothing that would give me cause for concern. For business use, think of them as disposable rather than company assets.

Avoid the auto focus, it's rubbish and when it jams it can cause problems.

cheers

Dave

John Bion
09-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I second Dave's comments.
I have smaller Weikes.
The autofocus has almost caused me serious trouble so has been removed from both my machines.
If you are direct importing, remember that if something goes wrong, China is a long way away. They try to be very helpful over the phone/skype etc, and are always quick to answer but they are not on the spot physically and this can be a disadvantage. If you are reasonably technical this is not an issue, nor of course, if you are purchasing from a local agent that gives support is it an issue either.
Definitely go for the better chiller and upgraded extraction systems. They are not Trotecs or Epilogs, but that is not what you are paying for. You have to accept the software limitations/clunkiness of Lasercut 5.3 - my personal bugbear:eek:
All in, they do the job at a low price :)
Kind Regards,
John

Brett Kitts
09-05-2013, 4:37 PM
I have the 1390 80w arriving very soon, its at the port in the UK.

Mark Senior
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
What sort of costs/tax has it cost you if you don't mind me asking Brett? I'm looking to do the same so was after some rough figures so I can add in extra bits, tube(s) etc. when ordering.

Brett Kitts
09-07-2013, 4:24 AM
My advice would be to contact Lucy Lee @ GWeike. She will send you a list of extra's which you can select from and ask for others not on the list. Tell her what you want and she will calculate the price. . Use your own shipping agent, they can give you a guide price based on the cbm/weight.

When you've decided, post the spec here and ask what people think.

My machine was priced to my spec and the shipping handled here in the UK. In all I've saved about £4000 (6000USd)