PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0513 BANDSAW questions / help.

Andy Howard
05-28-2005, 9:10 PM
I am about to take delivery of a new G0513 BANDSAW and had some questions and need some help from someone that owns one.

I am trying to get a mobile base setup and ready to go for when the saw gets delivered and I have friends around to help me unload it and put it in a mobile base. I want to make sure I have the proper dimensions for the base, so here are my questions.

How high is the foot on the saw?

The grizzly specs say that the footprint is 17.75 X 27. Is this correct?

I was at my local woodcraft one day looking at the Rikon 18" and tried to open the bottom wheel cover.....but I couldnt cause it was sitting too far down in the mobile base they had it on. That makes blade changes a bit hard! If needed I will cut some plywood to go under the foot of the saw, but need to know how deep the foot is already so I can make appropriate arrangements.

Thanks
Andy

Nick Mitchell
05-28-2005, 9:15 PM
Is this a bandsaw? tablesaw?

Have you called grizzly to ask them? If nobody here knows, I'd try woodnet.

Richard Wolf
05-28-2005, 9:22 PM
Andy, welcome to the Creek. It always helps to idenify what the machine is instead of just give the product #.

Richard

Tim Morton
05-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Its the Grizzly 17" euro-style bandsaw.( I googled it:D). It looks like it must be at LEAST 3" high judging by the picture, but i think a quick call to grizzly might solve the mystery

Alan Tolchinsky
05-28-2005, 10:06 PM
He did say it was a bandsaw. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one.

JayStPeter
05-28-2005, 10:43 PM
How high is the foot on the saw?

The grizzly specs say that the footprint is 17.75 X 27. Is this correct?

Mine measures exactly those dimensions. It is about 2.25" from bottom to bottom of the door. The "Super Heavy Duty" Shop Fox has a setup that fits almost exactly, real tight. It does require a piece of 3/4" underneath for the door to clear the bolts that hold the SF base together. I cut my piece of ply to exactly fit into the base. Sorry, I cannot look underneath to see where it would be necessary :)

Jay

Richard Wolf
05-29-2005, 9:08 AM
He did say it was a bandsaw. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Just so I don't look stupider than I am. Andy edited the post to say bandsaw before you saw it.

Richard

Robert Mayer
05-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Keep us posted how it goes Andy. Im going to order one this friday. Im also going to get the shop fox base with it.

Alan Tolchinsky
05-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Just so I don't look stupider than I am. Andy edited the post to say bandsaw before you saw it.

Richard

Oh darn, so I am the only one. :(

Steve Gronsky
08-16-2014, 4:58 PM
@ Andy Howard ....... I see that your post is several years old now. I have ordered the G0513ANV saw to arrive on 8/19/2014. I've called Grizzly & asked the same question "How tall is the base of the saw" (or the foot as you called it). They did not have the answer. Since you've already gone through installing the saw onto a "mobile base" How tall is the foot? My base is due to arrive on 8/18 & the saw on 8/19. I, like you, am trying to be prepared. This bad boy is heavy & I don't want to be moving it in the air any more than is necessary.

Thanks in advance to ANYONE who can help with this question.