PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
09-03-2013, 1:12 PM
3 Sep 2013

Greetings,
I hope this finds each of you well and full from yesterday's variety of celebrations. I know that many cooked out yesterday but we decided to make it an easy day and rest from the weekend and save our cooking out for another time. I came off oncall duty yesterday morning and I'm actually off work this week on vacation of sorts. I was so busy getting around to other things around the house that I forgot about posting the Weekend Accomplishments.!!!

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this Labor Day Weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Matt Meiser
09-03-2013, 2:52 PM
Took a little over 1/2 the day off Friday after a travel week with long hours. Friday/Saturday was largely spent with the family and mowing. Sunday and Monday, quite a bit of progress on my parents cabinetry--got face frames made, all the door/drawer front parts cut to size and all but 4 of the doors glued up before I ran out of clamps and got called in to help with dinner.

Shawn Pixley
09-03-2013, 10:25 PM
I took Friday off and didn't work the whole 3 day weekend. It was the the first complete weekend I have had since the first of July. I started work on one of my next projects. This will be a slab bench that will sit outside my front door where people can take their shoes off. I picked up an urban forrested slab of California Pepper that had been slightly spalted a year or more ago.

I put butterflies on the bottom to prevent further splits.

I then filled all the cracks with tinted structural epoxy. Afterwards, I flattened the slab in neander fashion. It was hot at home by beach standards. I worked up a good sweat flattening the beast. Who needs a gym membership?

Sorry for the iPhone photos...