PDA

View Full Version : setting new home position in config settings

Kasey Maxwell
09-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Hello, is it ok to adjust the settings in the config settings on the zing24 ? I want to make the home position dead center of the table top, I'm assuming whatever I change it to that I should note the original factory home position in case I need to set it back and is there a way to identify the center of the table in ranges ?

Thanks

Henri Sallinen
09-03-2013, 9:07 AM
Hi Kasey,

Not sure why you should set the config setting to the center. What exactly are you going to do since you have to set the home to the center of the machine? Why not use the "set home" function to set a temporary home position?

Kasey Maxwell
09-08-2013, 12:47 AM
ideally I was hoping to have the main home position in the dead center of the table so I can send a frame outline with my different templates so I would rarely need to outline trace, I.E. I do many dogtags and I use a template with the tags outlined on it so it would be nice to simply turn on the machine and have the home in the center and send the table size frame with my templates in a corner and it's ready to go, it might be to much and I wouldn't want to damage the machine by messing up the settings so if it's not advised I won't do it, how do you set a temporary home position ?

Thanks

Mike Null
09-08-2013, 7:33 AM
Does your driver offer a "return to start position" option?

Kasey Maxwell
09-11-2013, 3:12 PM
no, I have never seen that setting.