PDA

View Full Version : Speedy 300 Power Supply Problem

Chris Edens
09-02-2013, 8:37 PM
I have a speedy 300 80w. It has worked perfectly for 10 months everyday. Today I turned it off to go to lunch and when I came back it would not reference. I texted my sales rep and he called me back (at 6:30 on labor day). We did a video call and concluded my 32v power supply went bad.

Is this a common thing? The speedy has it's own circuit and breaker so it does not share a connection with anything. I am just curious why this happened out of the blue.

The only good thing is I bought a second speedy 300 and it will arrive tomorrow. So I am not totally screwed for down time.

Dan Hintz
09-03-2013, 6:05 AM
Power supplies (along with everything else) are not impervious to damage... it's a rare occurrence, but things go bad. I'd be happy it was just a PS and under warranty.

Mike Null
09-03-2013, 8:10 AM
I lost a power supply on my Universal several years back but it was weather related. Have you have electrical storms or other power fluctuations recently?

Chris Edens
09-04-2013, 12:48 AM
I lost a power supply on my Universal several years back but it was weather related. Have you have electrical storms or other power fluctuations recently?

I did have thunderstorms yesterday. i guess from now on ill just unplug the laser.