PDA

View Full Version : Mirror doors on shenhui

Martin James
09-02-2013, 7:59 PM
Hi all. I am getting ready to order a 600 1000 dual tube shenhui. (600x900 work area) It will have a 60 general (head fixed left and origin left)and 150 reci tube.

I remember reading that several users recommended extra doors, but now I can't seem to figure out exactly what was ment by that. I know that some brands of lasers have better access to the first mirror via a door, and that some doors have protection switches that keep the laser from firing if the doors are open.

Do I need to order extra access doors? and if so where?

I am only ordering extra lenses, 1 extra 60 watt tube, both rotaries, honeycomb table,
and set of mirrors. No spare board, no spare driver etc. This machine will not be in daily production. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks in Advance. Marty

Dan Hintz
09-02-2013, 8:13 PM
Could they have meant doors on the front and side of the machine? Makes large materials easier to work with.

Martin James
09-02-2013, 8:44 PM
Dan I think that many the shenhuis have a front lid that opens at the table height. but i thought that I read a recommendation to order optional first mirror access doors so you can more easily adjust the mirrors and fiddle with the tubes.

thanks for the post M

George M. Perzel
09-02-2013, 9:21 PM
Martin;
When I ordered my Shenhui I asked them to make access panels on the left and right sides. They run from about an inch in the front down to the tube chamber and are about 8" high. A push lock on both end secures them. Great access for cleaning. I also specified removable front and rear access panels for pass thru appliocations. Send me a PM with your email for pics-too big to post here.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts