PDA

View Full Version : Dead Switch on Bridgewood Bandsaw

Kenneth Casper
09-02-2013, 6:54 PM
I have an old Bridgewood 24" bandsaw that didn't want to fire up today. The switch/motor controller acts as if it isn't getting power, i.e., it doesn't arm. I checked and I have power at the hot side of the controller. I'm guessing the switch is dead. It is a Siemens, and in doing a search on the internet for a the specific model, I couldn't find one.

Anyone know of a good source to either get it repaired or to buy a compatible replacement?

Thanks,

Ken

Erik Loza
09-02-2013, 7:14 PM
Ken, try these guys...

http://controlparts.com/

Best of luck,

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Kenneth Casper
09-02-2013, 7:17 PM
Hi Erik,

Thanks for the reply. I was sitting here thinking that I should use my air compressor to blow out the switch when it dawned on me that I had vacummed all the sawdust from the machine Saturday and perhaps I didn't close the lower or upper doors tightly. Well...duh! That was exactly the problem! I closed the door, put the switch back in the column, plugged it in, and I am back in business. Sorry about the false alarm, but I'll tuck Control Parts away in memory for future use!

Ken

Stephen Cherry
09-02-2013, 8:37 PM
That's where a little light for "interlocks complete" would really help.

Gus Dundon
09-04-2013, 3:07 PM
I had the same problem with yours. I thought it was an electrical problem or something. My band saw turns on for a split of second then shuts off. Then I realized it lost contact and covered with sawdust.