PDA

View Full Version : craftsman 10" BS

Ken Tucker
09-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello to all . has anyone converted bandsaw to 1" or 2" belt sander . i have a 10" 3 wheel small 6"s . any suggestion appreciated. i wanted to turn the wheels to replace the ones that are there .jest wanted to repurpose the band saw. Thank you. :D

Jim Rimmer
09-03-2013, 1:37 PM
i have a 10" 3 wheel small 6"s . any suggestion appreciated. i wanted to turn the wheels to replace the ones that are there . . :D

I'm not clear on what you mean here??? Can you clarify a little bit? Maybe psot a picture?

Ken Tucker
09-05-2013, 8:44 PM
Hi Jim, I have no pic. I have a 10" craftsman band saw with 3 6" diameter x 1/2" wide wheels , one is controlled by the 1/3 hp motor . anyway i wanted to convert it to a 1"or 2" x 30"+ strip/belt sander to sharpen knives . looks like i can make the wheel out of wood cheap . an order belt to size . it has about 1/2" adjustment . on the top wheel if i keep the same mechanism. Thanks for your reply Jim

David L Morse
09-05-2013, 9:22 PM
Hi Jim, I have no pic. I have a 10" craftsman band saw with 3 6" diameter x 1/2" wide wheels , one is controlled by the 1/3 hp motor . anyway i wanted to convert it to a 1"or 2" x 30"+ strip/belt sander to sharpen knives . looks like i can make the wheel out of wood cheap . an order belt to size . it has about 1/2" adjustment . on the top wheel if i keep the same mechanism. Thanks for your reply Jim
This http://www.harborfreight.com/1-inch-x-30-inch-belt-sander-2485.html is a favorite among knife sharpeners. I've seen people at shows sharpening knives with four or five of them, each with a different grit. You can't beat the price.