PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing happened with VLS 2.30

Nathan Shaffer
09-02-2013, 12:10 AM

This project has three types of burns. The burn on the left is a vector, machine traced the lines of the image. The shell is rastered. The two circles are supposed to be a single hole. After discovering the miss burn I rechecked my file for hidden objects. Then did another test, got the same thing again. redid the file, then burned it. same thing happened a third time, but this time i was watching a discovered, that the beam was splitting into two. I checked mirrors and lens are not cracked. I changed from 2 inch focal lens and nose cone, to a 1.5 lens and cone. ran the job again. Had no problems with the job.

Any Ideas?

Thank you in advance!
Nathan

Mike Lysov
09-02-2013, 7:00 AM
Based on what you have said I would guess that the nozzle alignment for 2" lens is bad and the beam hitting the nozzle inside causing beam splitting.

Dave Sheldrake
09-02-2013, 9:15 AM
Lens or cone on the 2" Nath, The lens can have problems that aren't visible on visual inspection, is the inside of the cone nice and clean?

What you have achieved is narrowing down the problem to two possibles right away.

cheers

Dave

Scott Shepherd
09-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Which mirrors did you check? If you only checked the one that's above the lens, check the other one on the end of the carriage.

Nathan Shaffer
09-02-2013, 11:24 AM
It is a brand new cone never used, nothing inside of it.

The cone was designed to be used with the 2 inch lens.

Checked mirror at the end of the carriage and the lens at the back of the machine where the beam enters.

I did not think about the alignment of the cone. I'll try again in a few and post the results.

Thank you all for the thoughts.

Nathan Shaffer
09-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Mike,
You are right, guess that I did not install the nose cone right. Reinstalled it this morning, no problems.